• Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Secretary of Defense Robert Gates pre-taped interviews with ABC, CBS and NBC in each of the individuals nets’ studios on Saturday evening for today’s shows.
• “Fox News Sunday” had General David Petraeus and CNN’s Christiane Amanpour had a world exclusive with Afghan President Hamid Karzai on her new Sunday show.
• The Daily Beast: Top 7 Moments from Sunday Talk.
• Mary Matalin wore what appears to be a piano tie on “State of the Union.” CNN’s John King also poked fun at Sarah Palin’s reference to Matalin’s husband in her Gridiron speech the night before- “if I need a bald campaign manager, I guess all I am left with is James Carville.” He said hanging out with Palin wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world.
• In what may be one of ABC’s George Stephanopoulos’ last “This Week” shows… the roundtable discussed the media’s coverage of DC’s Heidi and Spencer, Michaele and Tareq Salahi. The Nation‘s Katrina vanden Heuvel said the media are in need of an exit strategy from this story.
• And CBS’ Bob Schieffer had some advice for Tiger Woods in today’s “Face the Nation” commentary– “if you wanted to be normal perhaps you should have only played golf with your friends on Saturdays.”
EARLIER on FBDC: Sunday Show Preview