Macy‘s transitioned its $500 million media account from WPP‘s MEC to Aegis’ Carat. A Macy’s spokeswoman explained, “After a thorough review of its media broadcast and digital business, Macy’s has selected Carat as its media-agency partner… Carat will be responsible for media planning and buying for Macy’s broadcast and digital.”
Brazil’s Grupo ABC begins its global expansion with an internal move, hiring the Grupo ABC-backed San Francisco agency Pereira & O’Dell to open an office in Sao Paulo. The U.S. agency will lead social media in Brazil for Fiat. Chief creative officer P.J. Pereira explained, “They asked if we wanted to present some ideas, and it was the opportunity we were looking for to get a team in Brazil… The idea is more to have a global outpost in Brazil rather than a local shop.”
Goodman Media International, Inc., a New York-based public relations firm, added six new clients representing a range of traditional and new media platforms according to an announcement made by President and CEO Tom Goodman. The list includes:
- Media outreach for “Totally MAD,” MAD Magazine’s 60th anniversary book, published by Time Home Entertainment. The issue hits newsstands on October 30, 2012.
- Vernon Hill, the founder of Commerce Bank and Metro Bank (the first new bank in London in more than 100 years). Goodman Media will develop and execute a publicity plan for Hill’s new book, Fans Not Customers, on sale in November.
- Bedtime Math, a national nonprofit that aims to help parents teach their children to love math from a young age through the use of nightly math problems distributed online and via email. Goodman Media will work to increase brand awareness.
- Next Avenue.org, a new online destination for Americans 50 years and older. Goldman will raise awareness of the brand through the promotion of its original content.
- “Pioneers of Television,” a highly rated television history series on PBS. Goodman will lead national promotional efforts for the show’s third season, which features episodes on female comediennes, the superhero genre, and the genesis of miniseries and nighttime soaps.
- 4 Sunflowers Media, a publisher of children’s books and DVDs. Goodman Media will help the company build brand awareness and launch several book series.