76 million people will read blogs in the U.S. in 2014 – roughly one quarter of the population – and close to two in five will use Twitter when sharing those posts, reveals a new study.
TrackMaven polled U.S. internet users about their blog content sharing habits and found that 38.6 percent will tweet links to posts that they have enjoyed.
As a standalone social metric this puts Twitter in a class by itself. However, Facebook’s combined stake of Likes (33.8 percent of blog shares) and the Share button (26.7 percent) gives it a much greater overall slice of the pie (60.5 percent).
Together, Facebook and Twitter account for more than 99 percent of all blog shares – Pinterest (0.5 percent) and LinkedIn (0.4 percent) have almost no presence.