Why merely surf the web when you can serf it, medieval style, with Meteor Games‘ newest title?
Serf Wars combines a host of arcade-style mini-games with the Facebook Credits-driven purchasing of buildings, equipment, weapons, and people.
The Serf Wars plot line goes like this: Players take over a small village left to them by their uncle and attempt to transform a decaying infrastructure and a declining and revolting (in more ways than one!) population into a prosperous kingdom, simultaneously defending it from enemy attack.
Winning mini-games or shelling out Facebook Credits allows players to stock up on gold, valuable items, weapons, elves, dwarves, soldiers, skeletons, houses, farms, and decorations.
The happier the peasants in the kingdom are kept, the more helpful they prove to be. Additional mini-games are unlocked during play, and the fog of war is lifted over the world map.
Meteor Games boasts that Serf Wars contains:
- 45 story-driven combat missions; another 40 to 50 more are on the way;
- 33 types of combat units players can recruit, and 11 of these are hero units;
- 30 types of enemy units to fight;
- 41 battleground environments;
- 25 starter quests;
- A robust crafting system, with 44 crafting ingredients and 115 craftable items and recipes;
- 30 artisan units;
- 72 total buildings, 17 of which have five upgrade stages, 11 of them are combat locations, and six are for crafting;
- 78 total decorations;
- 60 new achievements coming, and
- Nine arcade-style mini-games.
Readers, are you ready to try your hand at running a kingdom?