The busy August job changes/departures continue:
- Of course the big news in Revolving Door world is the yesterday’s announcement of the Post’s new Reliable Source(s).
- The City Paper’s food columnist, Todd Kliman, has been named Washingtonian’s new dining editor. Kliman won the prestigious 2005 Beard Award for the nation’s best newspaper food column. In addition to his City Paper work, he’s been doing a monthly segment on food and dining on talk radio station WMAL-AM.
- WUSA producer Scott McCrary, a regular fixture on the party circuit, has accepted a job at CBS News as the Newspath Washington package producer. He’ll start September 12.
- At Washingtonpost.com, in addition to the previously mentioned departure of Ryan Thornburg (who is leaving next week to join the Post’s Mark Stencel at CQ), the online portion of Don Graham‘s empire is losing two other faces: producer Scott Anderson left last week for Atlanta to serve as a political producer, and Deputy Editor Jim Sheppard is leaving soon to return to Canada as a top editor at the Globe & Mail.
- Over at the Examiner, former Redskin Mark Schlereth has joined the paper as a sports columnist.
- And a friendly “Revolving Door” reminder that Fishbowl is seeking a new writer because of our own RD news.
If you hear of beat changes/hire/fires/job transfers you think we should know about, email us or use the tip box.