We’ve seen numerous reports point out Facebook’s growing influence upon news readership, and now today Pew Research Center‘s Project for Excellence in Journalism released data showing exactly that.
Facebook ranks as the second or third largest driver of traffic to the top five news websites studied by Pew, based on data from Nielsen.
According to the Pew Research Center, Facebook drives:
- Eight percent of traffic to The Huffington Post
- Six percent of traffic to The New York Times
- Around six percent of traffic to the Examiner
- Roughly seven percent of traffic to CNN
- About seven percent of traffic to ABC News
Interestingly, the news traffic driver that outranks Facebook isn’t Google, but rather is the Drudge Report.
Readers, what do you think about this particular set of statistics?