What would the Fourth of July be without the backyard barbeque? Of course, the Fourth is also associated with fireworks. 1010 WINS, once again, provides the radio simulcast of the Macy’s Fireworks beginning at 9:15 p.m.
Other stations have special holiday plans too.
- WCBS-FM/101.1 has its A to Z artist countdown (started on Tuesday).
- WAXQ/Q 104.3 gives listeners “four plays” all weekend of the biggest classic rock artists. On Sunday, the station is live in Red Bank, New Jersey from 6 to 10 p.m, including fireworks simulcast at 9:15 p.m.
- WKTU/103.5 features party songs throughout the weekend and a Britney Spears ticket giveaway.
- WRXP/101.9 (recent sold to Merlin Media, and likely to flip format in the coming months) has three-song blocks from the “Great American Rock Bands” during the long weekend.
- WQHT/Hot 97 has live hip-hop mixes during the patriotic weekend.
- WOR/710 welcomes former Governor David Paterson, who sits in for John Gambling on July 4th.
Photo courtesy of brooklynpaper.com.