Marketing software company DataSift is partnering with LinkedIn to offer more LinkedIn ads insights as well as additional audience segments when it comes to the professional networking platform's 467 million users. San Francisco-based DataSift's clients already using the program—called LinkedIn Engagement Insights—include Publicis Media, WPP-owned Mindshare and Dentsu Aegis Network's insights platform Motley, as they'll look to leverage the data to help business-to-business clients drive sales.
Tim Barker, DataSift CEO, said the system will be used for media planning, content marketing and a lot of native advertising. "As native advertising grows," he said, "the ads have become in-feed content. The goal is to provide insights that will help marketers identify both what audiences to target [through LinkedIn ads, and what kind of content resonates."
Sudeep Cherian, group manager, LinkedIn Marketing Solutions, said the deal represents his company's "most comprehensive data licensing partnership to date. Our goal is to enable marketers to execute more effective marketing campaigns in a way that respects user privacy."
Here is a breakdown of LinkedIn Engagement Insights' capabilities, per DataSift, which now has around 20 data partnerships for its platform:
- It will let marketers research the behavior of Linkedin's often higher-income audiences.
- The system will allow brands to analyze segments by job titles, locations and skills.
- Audience segments can be identified based on their engagement with content that overlaps with a marketer's existing target demos.
- It is designed to let brands not only target ads but content as well.
- There's also competitive analysis, letting marketers see how LinkedIn users engage with brand rivals.
Barker added that "our goal is to enable a broad ecosystem" with the new data.