Pinterest wants businesses of all sizes to know that if they can spare nine seconds, they can create campaigns via its new Promote button.
The social network outlined the steps that U.S. business accounts can take to use the new feature in an email to SocialTimes:
- Choose a Pin from your profile that you’d like to promote and click the new “Promote” button.
- Make sure the destination URL is for the page you want to drive traffic to.
- Add your daily budget. This is the most you’re willing to pay each day the ad is running.
- Click Promote to create your ad. It will go out for review, which may take up to one business day to complete.
Pinterest also provided the following tips:
- You’ll only pay when someone clicks through to your website from your Promoted Pin. If you want to calculate your lifetime budget, multiply your daily budget by the duration of your campaign and set your campaign duration.
- Add any keywords you want to target. This helps Pinterest show your Promoted Pin in relevant search results, categories and related pin feeds. You can quickly bulk add keywords by copying and pasting a comma separated list of terms.
- If it’s your first time creating an ad, you’ll be prompted to set up your billing information.
Product manager, monetization Vivian Chow said in a blog post:
When you’re running a business, time is limited, but we’ve made it easier to fit advertising on Pinterest into your busy schedule. Using the new Promote button you’ll see when you create a Pin or view it on your profile, you can set up a Promoted Pin in as little as nine seconds.
And advertising on Pinterest will grow your business. While you may have already seen some great results after bringing your content to Pinterest, you could build on that success using Promoted Pins. Businesses typically see a 100 percent increase in their web traffic within a week of launching their first campaign.
Chow also pointed advertisers to Pinterest’s quick reference guide for creating Pins.
Readers: What are your thoughts on Pinterest’s new Promote button?