Pinterest on Tuesday celebrated its fifth birthday, sharing some statistics showing how the company has grown in the last half decade.
In the past 5 years:
- 50 billion Pins collected by people onto more than 1 billion boards
- 80 percent of traffic comes from mobile
- Each year, Pinterest serves more than 1.5 trillion recommendations
- Recipes: Pinterest has more than 1.7 billion recipe Pins
- Shopping: Every day nearly 2 million people Pin product rich Pins
- Articles: More than 14 million articles are Pinned each day
- ⅔ of all the content people Pin is from a business’ website
Pinterest has also doubled its male user base in the U.S. this year. In 2014, the site’s male population in the U.S. grew 73 percent year over year and is outpacing overall Pinterest growth.
Pinterest is available in more than 30 languages and the company has 5 global offices: Tokyo, London, Paris, Berlin and São Paulo. Last year, international users grew more than 135 percent. Monthly active users are up 150 percent year over year outside of the U.S.
Readers: How often are you on Pinterest?