In addition to receiving a VIP badge, VIP users will have the chance to be included in a “rotating list of broadcasters for people to follow.” The VIP Program will offer three tiers of benefits (Bronze, Silver and Gold), and users will be assigned to a tier depending on the number of followers they have on Periscope and the number of average total live viewers they attract per broadcast.
Specifically, the Bronze tier requires users to have at least 10,000 followers on Periscope and to have an average of 200 or more total live viewers per broadcast. The Silver tier, meanwhile, requires users to have 30,000 or more followers on Periscope and to have an average of 300 or more total live viewers per broadcast. Finally, the Gold tier requires users to have at least 100,000 followers on Periscope and to have an average of 500 or more total live viewers per broadcast. Users must also broadcast at least twice per week, on average, to be eligible for any of the three tiers.
VIP users in the Bronze tier will receive the following rewards:
- Bronze badge on your Periscope profile.
- Care packages to ensure that you look on point while broadcasting.
- Prioritization in people search results, so people can find you more easily.
- Access to the latest best practices and materials to help you create great broadcasts.
Next, here are the rewards for the Silver tier:
- Includes all Bronze benefits.
- Silver badge on your Periscope profile.
- Be included in future discovery products.
- Prioritized support–we’ll strive to respond to your questions within 12 hours.
- Private broadcasts from the Periscope team for an inside look at what we are up to.
- A Slack channel with other VIPs to collaborate and build your Periscope network.
Finally, here are the rewards for the Gold tier:
- Includes all Bronze and Silver benefits.
- Gold badge on your Periscope profile.
- Elevated access to collaborate with the Periscope team.
In a blog post, Periscope commented:
The VIP Program was designed for broadcasters who’ve invested in our platform and continue to share great live experiences on Periscope. If you’re new to Periscope or just starting out, our community is always changing and growing, and we encourage you to try a different format, share a new adventure and find your niche with like-minded broadcasters. Every broadcaster adds a unique perspective to Periscope, and we’ll always be on the lookout for new members to join the program.
Users can apply to join the VIP Program here.