Today the billion-dollar food and beverage company PepsiCo announced the 10 businesses that will participate in an incubator program for entrepreneurs in technology, media and communications. The PepsiCo10 were selected from over 500 companies that responded to a call for a submissions in June. PepsiCo will put them to work on digital media and social marketing efforts with their brands.
“PepsiCo10 is about outside innovation, celebrating and helping to cultivate emerging start-ups, while at the same time, refreshing our brands and our communications strategy with new perspectives and inspiration,” said Seth Kaufman, Director of Media Strategy and Investment for PepsiCo North America Beverages in a statement.
Listed by category, here are the winners:
Place-Based and Retail Experiential Marketing:
Be Where Your Customers Are
- AisleBuyer lets you take your smartphone shopping.
- TableTop Media is a wireless touch screen for placing casual dining orders.
Mobile Marketing: On the Phone and Beyond
- MyCypher turns your mobile phone into a microphone for recordings on the go.
- Zazu goes mobile with talking alarm clocks and calendars that give calendar details, weather, e-mail and news.
The Social Media & Marketing Revolution
- BreakoutBand is a place to start a band with your friends, write new songs and climb your way to the top of the song charts.
- FanFeedr lets you stalk your favorite team from a personalized sports feed platform.
- Tongalis an online crowd-sourcing and performance game platform for connecting creative people with businesses.
Digital Video and Gaming