Are you one of those drivers who spends almost as much time looking for the perfect parking spot as you do driving to your destination? Then the upgraded ParkWhiz app might be your perfect solution, as it enables you to not only reserve parking spaces and pay for them ahead of time, you’re instantly able to compare prices, location (how far is it to the ballpark or restaurant?), and even garage amenities right from your smartphone or tablet.
And if you live somewhere where the parking is even more challenging than getting a dinner reservation, like New York or San Francisco, then you instantly realize just how valuable an app like this can be.
ParkWhiz recently revealed some striking statistics about the parking habits of Americans, proving even further that the future of parking in big cities without frustration is by making a reservation.
- On average, Americans spend $1290.30 on parking per vehicle every year.
- Honolulu, HI is actually the most expensive city to park in the US at a median rate of $42/day, followed closely by NYC at $38/day, Chicago, Boston, SF & LA.
- In the United States, an average of 30% of urban congestion is caused by drivers looking for a parking space.
- The ParkWhiz app allows everyday drivers to unlock hidden savings (an average of 50% for drivers in NYC), by offering real discounts over drive-up rates, and also enabling real-time price-comparisons — for example enabling a driver to choose a garage one block further from their destination that they might never have seen, for a fraction of the price.
- Outside of the material cost savings, booking your space ahead of time via the ParkWhiz app directly addresses the 30% of urban congestion referenced above – saving valuable time for the driver, and also reducing everyone’s commute and the carbon emissions generated by clogged city-traffic. The influence of a single driver is marginal, but the incremental improvements add up, and the impact is real.
- ParkWhiz’s customer satisfaction rating is above 95% – a shocking figure if you consider the typical sentiment towards the ‘traditional’ parking experience.
The ParkWhiz app is available for free on both iOS and Android, and according to AppData, is currently the #93 Android app under the transportation category. Reservations can also be made at ParkWhiz.com.