The New York Times has made a few changes to its Washington bureau. Details are below.
- Lara Jakes has been named Washington night editor. She joins from Foreign Policy, where she served as managing editor for news.
- Sharon LaFraniere moves from the general investigations team to the Washington investigations team.
- Yamiche Alcindor has joined as a reporter covering the Trump admin’s impact on everyday life.
- Jeremy Peters is rejoining the bureau to cover conservatives.
- Matt Rosenberg will focus on the C.I.A.
- Michael Gordon shifts to covering the Pentagon.
- Alan Rappeport will now cover the Treasury Department.
- Katie Rogers will cover the cultural impact of the Trump admin.
- Gardiner Harris will shift to the State Department beat.