Social marketing firm Unmetric analyzed all of the NFL teams on the three social networks from Jan. 10 through 30—the divisional playoffs, conference championship games and Pro Bowl–using its cross-channel reports, and it found that the Falcons topped all teams in growth across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram during the period.
Other findings by Unmetric included:
- The audience-size leaders were unchanged from the prior three-week period, with the Dallas Cowboys topping Facebook, while the Falcons’ Super Bowl opponent, the New England Patriots, led Twitter and Instagram.
- The Falcons had the highest engagement on Facebook, while the Twitter title went to the Cowboys and the Patriots topped Instagram.
- The Green Bay Packers were behind the most posts on Facebook and Twitter, while the Pittsburgh Steelers kept Instagram busy.
- The Packers tallied the most Facebook likes, while the Cowboys did the same on Twitter and the Patriots on Instagram.
- The Cowboys scored the most comments on Facebook, while the top spot for the other two social networks went to the Packers.
Readers: Are you rooting for the Patriots or the Falcons in Super Bowl LI?
Atlanta Falcons logo on homepage courtesy of Atlanta Falcons Facebook page.