Newsweek has added seven staffers to its editorial team. Details, via a memo obtained by Poynter, are below.
- Matt Cooper has been named politics editor. Cooper previously covered the White House for Time, The New Republic and US News.
- Ross Schneiderman joins as senior editor. He previously worked for Newsweek from 2010 to 2013. His work has appeared in The Wall Street Journal and The New York Times.
- Jonathan Broder has been named senior writer. He most recently worked for Congressional Quarterly, as a defense and foreign policy editor.
- Winston Ross has been named national correspondent. He most recently worked as a freelancer. He previously worked for Newsweek and The Daily Beast from 2012 to 2013.
- Azeen Ghorayshi has been named staff writer. Her work has appeared in publications such as The Guardian, New Scientist and Wired UK.
- Max Kutner has also been named a staff writer. Kutner most recently served as a contributor to Smithsonian and Boston magazines.
- Polly Mosendz joins as a breaking news reporter. She most recently worked for the Atlantic Wire.