Hiring in the social gaming industry was up this week, with eight companies hiring 15 new employees. According to data from LinkedIn and other sources, Loot Drop, Wooga and Zynga showed the most activity, accounting for ten of this week’s moves. The highest profile hire goes to Zynga, who brings on Rob Dyer as Head of Partner Publishing.
If your company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us. Email us at: mail (at) insidesocialgames (dot) com, and we’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
If you want to know who else is hiring, the Inside Network Job Board showcases current openings with the industry’s leading companies.
- Michael LaGrange, Game Developer – Crowdstar starts off our roundup this week with a single hire. LaGrange comes to Crowdstar from Namco Bandai Games, where he was a game developer/engineer.
- Patrick Traughber, Analyst – Funzio also adds one new face this week. Traughber was previously an investment banking analyst at Wedbush Securities.
- Heather Nolan, Marketing Intern – Kabam brings on Nolan from her job as a marketing assistant at Clinical Cabinets.
- Jeremy Forson, UI Designer – Loot Drop returns to our hires roundup with a pair of new faces. Forson was previously a front end developer at Intuit.
- Craig Lewin, Quality Assurance Tester – Lewin comes from PNC Bank, where he was a customer service phone representative.
- Aleksandra Perikoti, HR Manager – Perikoti was previously the HR manager at Vast.com.
- Jared Brinkley, Senior Game Designer – Brinkley comes to Tagged from Playdom, where he worked as a designer and developed Gardens of Time.
- Victor van Schagen, Senior Game Artist – A pairs hire for wooga this week as well — van Schagen was formerly the art lead at Artifex Mundi.
- Gina Blatt, Head of Human Resources – Wooga brings on Blatt, formerly the head of human resources at Bigpoint, to oversee the company’s push to grow to 250 employees by the end of 2012.
- Rob Dyer, Head of Partner Publishing – And finally, it’s been a busy week for Zynga with six hires. Dyer comes to Zynga from Sony Computer Entertainment where he was SVP of Publisher Relations. Full story here.
- Max Volkov, Software Engineer – Volkov was formerly a graphics programmer at Mail.Ru.
- Nicolas Bourges, Senior UI Artist – Bourges moves from Ubisoft, where he was an interface artist.
- Anshul Dhawan, Senior Software Engineer – Dhawan was previously a software engineer intern at ngmoco.
- Maheedhar Kandaraboina, Artist – Next up is Kandaraboina, who was a senior flash animator at BIG Animation.
- Sanjay Mangla, Principal Software Engineer Lead – Last but not least is Zynga’s highest profile hire, Mangla, who moves from Xbox Live, where he was the senior development lead.