Hiring in the social gaming industry dropped this week, with seven companies hiring 10 new employees. According to data from LinkedIn and other sources, Zynga, PopCap Games and Work4 Labs showed the most activity, each reporting a pair of hires. Perhaps due to the lag in hiring activity, there were also no significant high profile or executive level hires to report this week with the exception of Gui Karyo joining up at Atari as EVP of Development & Operations– which was just announced today.
If your company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us. Email us at: mail (at) insidesocialgames (dot) com, and we’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
If you want to know who else is hiring, the Inside Network Job Board showcases current openings with the industry’s leading companies.
- Gui Karyo, Executive Vice President, Development & Operations – Atari brings aboard Karyo, the former president of Mindspark’s IWON.com to help bolster its casual gaming expertise.
- Thomas Vedel, Product Performance Manager – A single hire this week at King.com starts off our roundup. Vedel moves bwin.party digital entertainment, where he was the product manager for poker.
- Sarah Steinberg, Technical Recruiter – One hire for Kixeye as well. Steinberg was previously the technical recruiter at Gravity.
- Aleksandar Milosavljević, Software Development Engineer – Nordeus also reports just one hire. Milosavljević was previously a .NET software developer at MarginTech.
- Brian Coonce, Web Designer – EA PopCap breaks its recent one-hire-per-week trend by bringing on a pair of new faces. Coonce was formerly a user interface designer at Microsoft.
- Tara Brannigan, Marketing Lead – Also joining the EA PopCap team is Brannigan, who was a content producer at Pfizer.
- Andrew Suri, Account Executive – Work4Labs also reports two hires. First up is Suri, who was previously the director of business development at NRI – Progressive digital media development.
- Guillaume Leseur, Software Architect – Next up is Leseur, who moves from Nimble Apps SAS where he was a Software Engineer.
- Cassie Alcudia, Food and Beverage Assistant Manager – And finally Zyna fills out a slim week with two new hires. Alcudia previously worked at Aveda.
- Randolph Lizarda, Associate 3D Artist – Also joining the Zynga team is Lizarda, who was a CG layout artist at Pipeline Studios.