Fewer social gaming companies reported new hires this week than last week, at least going by new updates on LinkedIn and other sources. That said, many companies including the social gaming arm of MTV Networks, KlickNation, and Loot Drop, brought in senior people. The first takes on former AppStar Games CEO, Garry Kitchen, as its new VP of games publishing. KlickNation hires Eli Gild as their new CTO. And lastly, Loot Drop brings Brenda Brathwaite on board as a co-founder, COO, and game designer, along with some other veterans.
As always, if your company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please let us know. Email editor (at) insidesocialgames (dot) com, and we’ll get it into this or next week’s post. Also, please note that most new hires presented are based directly on company updates from LinkedIn.
Looking for new opportunities? The Inside Network Job Board presents a survey of current openings at leading companies in the industry.
Here’s this week’s full list:
- Harry Liu — Liu starts off the Kabam hires this week, joining the team as an engineering manager. Prior to this, he was an architect and founding engineer at SpeedDate.com.
- Geoffrey Hunt — Now and associate producer at Kabam, Hunt was previously filling the same role at Total Immersion Software.
- Tiffany Maputi — Previously a restaurant manager for High Flying Foods International, Maputi joins Kabam as a player experience associate.
- Eli Gild — As noted already, KlickNation hires Eli Gild as their new CTO. Before joining, he was the CTO of Rondavu Inc.
- Brenda Brathwaite — Brenda Brathwaite joins Loot Drop as a co-founder, COO, and game designer this week. Before this, she was previously the creative director for LOLapps.
- Harrison Page — Loot Drop gains a new server-side software engineer with Page. Previously, he is noted to have experience from Gazillion Entertainment, Walt Disney Internet Group, and Soylent Communications.
- Johnny Burgess — Now the lead artist and animator for Loot Drop, Burgess was most recently a lead animator for Slide.
- Garry Kitchen — MTV Networks reaches out to us with a list of new hires, starting with their new VP of games publishing, Garry Kitchen. Before joining the team, he was CEO of AppStar Games.
- Arpan Nanavati — Nanavati joins MTV Networks as an architect. Prior to this, Nanavati was a Flash architect for CrowdStar.
- Jason Weiser — Now director of marketing (Nickelodeon) for MTV Networks, Weiser was previously the head of customer acquisition at CrowdStar.
- Ben Long — MTV Networks gains a senior engineer with Long, a former UI manager for Yahoo Video.
- Arisa Amano — Formerly a marketing manager for RockYou, Amano is now a product marketing manager for MTV Networks.
- Bret Hoffman — Hoffman joins MTV Networks as a product manager. He was previously a game designer at Kabam.
- Amith Tudur — Now a game developer for MTV Networks, Tudur was previously filling the same role at Sifteo.
- Daniel Stone — A single hire for Playdom this week, according to LinkedIn, as Stone joins the team as a production artist.
- MacKenzie Paulus — Now a customer support lead for Zynga, Paulus was previously user experience/support at Spreadsong, Inc.
- Roshan Singh — Singh joins Zynga as an associate software engineer. Before this, he was an intern at Srijan Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- Lisa Marie Grillos — Zynga gains its newest graphic designer of brand marketing with Grillos. Previously, she was “Internet stuffs” at Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
- Jonathan Dreyfus — In an internal change at Zynga, Jonathan Dreyfus is noted at moving from revenue operations to business development.
- Morgan Wren — Formerly a QA assistant lead at Visual Concepts, Wren is now a QA lead at Zynga.