Hiring activity fell this week in the social gaming space. According to data from LinkedIn and other sources, eight companies hired 13 new employees, and none were at the executive or upper management level with the exception of King.com, who saw Alex Dale move from his position with Microsoft to become the company’s new chief marketing officer.
If your company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us. Email us at: mail (at) insidesocialgames (dot) com, and we’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
If you want to know who else is hiring, the Inside Network Job Board showcases current openings with the industry’s leading companies.
- David Ingle, Mobile Software Developer – Vancouver based East Side Games brings on Ingle, who was previously a software developer at Compass Engine.
- Jordan Forbes, QA Test Lead – A single new face at GameHouse, Forbes joins as QA Test Lead.
- Manmohan Anand, Jr. Game Producer – Three moves at GameLoft this week. First up is Anand, who left his job at Sochtek India where he worked as a developer.
- Asif Haroon Memon, Game Developer – Second is Memon, who was previously senior software engineer at Associated Consulting Pvt. Ltd.
- Oleg Batrakov, Lead C++ Developer – Batrakov was promoted internally, moving up from his former position as C++ Developer.
- Yi Tang, Senior Software Engineer – Two new hires at Kabam. Tang makes the moves from Mibra Technologies where he was senior web developer.
- Evan Lindley, Player Experience Agent – Also joining is Lindley, who was an organizer at Peace Action West.
- Alex Dale, Chief Marketing Officer – By far the week’s biggest hire, Dale comes to King.com from Microsoft, where he was the general manager of their consumer and online services group in Central and Eastern Europe.
- Sean Walsh, Community Manager – A single new hire for Lolapps this week as well, who bring on Walsh from his former position as the retail leadership development program – apprentice at Verizon Wireless.
- Kori Olney, Office Assistant – A pair of new faces at ngmoco:). First is Olney, a former intern at Valley End Farm.
- Jeff Sapiro, Sr. Network Engineer – The other new hire is Sapiro, who takes up a job as a sr. network engineer.
- Faridah Mustaffa Bakry, Localization Tester – And finally, two new hires keep Zynga in our roundup this week. First up is Bakry, a former systems analyst at Employees Provident Fund.
- Bryce Knight, Technical Artist – Also coming aboard is Knight, who makes the move from Avatar Reality where he was also a technical artist.