Hiring in the social gaming industry was up again this week, with 10 companies reporting 11 recent hires. According to data from LinkedIn and other sources Zynga had this week’s highest profile hire, bringing on Ken Weber to lead its charitable Zynga.org arm as executive director.
If your company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us. Email us at: mail (at) insidesocialgames (dot) com, and we’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
If you want to know who else is hiring, the Inside Network Job Board showcases current openings with the industry’s leading companies.
- David Bresson, Systems Engineer – A single hire at Cie Games begins our roundup this week. Bresson was previously a systems engineer at Disney Interactive Media Group.
- Faiz Kamarul Baharin, Lead Concept and Production Artist – A single move for Disney Playdom this week, which promotes Baharin to lead concept and production artist.
- Ke Ren, Technical Lead – Ren makes our roundup with a promotion from his position as server developer.
- Tom Pearson, Lead Platform Developer – Pearson moves from an executive level position at Morgan Stanley to join Playfish’s UK team.
- Maneka Mahajan, Administrative Assistant – Mahajan was previously a business analysis intern at the American Institute of Physics.
- Kevin Ligon, UI Artist – Ligon was formerly a graphic designer at Cardinal Health.
- Maximilian Herkender, Flash Engineer – Herkender comes to Kixeye from 6waves Lolapps, where he was a software engineer.
- Jasmina Jović, Customer Support Specialist – Jović starts her career at Nordeus this week.
- Can Ozcer, Assistant Intelligence Analyst – Peak brings on Ozcer from Esit Electronic where he was an R&D intern.
- David Veltri, Legal Extern – Tetris Online makes a rare appearance this week. Veltri completed his education at the William S. Richardson School of Law at the University of Hawai’i at Manoa.
- Ken Weber, Executive Director, Zynga.org – Finally Zynga snags this week’s highest profile hire, appointing Weber as the head of Zynga.org. Weber was previously the chief operating officer at The ONE Campaign.