It has been a hefty week of hiring for many companies this week according to data from LinkedIn and other sources. Ten social developers have been highlighted this time around with four hiring more than the usual one or two individuals.
In terms of major hiring highlights, Mindjolt and Kixeye host a few. In terms of the former, it is just a late update as LinkedIn data notes Karim A. Nassar as its director of engineering. Nevertheless, he has been with the company since February. Kixeye, on the other hand, brings on a new executive producer and director of recruiting in the forms of Scott Howard and Pete Ballotta respectively.
As always, if your company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please let us know. Email editor (at) insidesocialgames (dot) com, and we’ll get it into this or next week’s post. Also, please note that the information about most new hires, below, comes directly from company updates from LinkedIn, and is only as current as people’s profiles.
Looking for new opportunities? The Inside Network Job Board presents a survey of current openings at leading companies in the industry.
Here’s this week’s full list:
- Benjamin Mosher, Software Developer — CrowdStar brings on a single new hire this week. Mosher was previously a student at the Rochester Institute of Technology.
- Neeraj Jaiswal, Technical Lead — Now at Digital Chocolate, Jaiswal was most recently a freelance Java and mobile development consultant.
- Nuria Germán, Community Manager — In an internal shift at Digital Chocolate, Germán was previously a community manager trainee.
- Beth Mohammed, Consultant, Standards & Practices — Joining GSN, Mohammed was previously a consultant of standards and practices at OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network.
- Gina Reid, Sales Planner — In an internal change, Reid moves from her prior role as a sales assistant.
- Kathleeen Cornelius, Player Experience Associate — Part of the Kabam team now, Cornelius was formerly a community support manager at CrowdStar.
- Sean O’Daniels, Lead Artist — O’Daniels moves up from his prior role at Kabam as a senior artist. He was also previously a senior concept artist at Double Helix Games.
- Scott Howard, Executive Producer — As stated already, Kixeye brings on a number of new hires this week starting with Scott Howard, the former head of concept and design on projects for both Nokia and Sega.
- Pete Ballotta, Director of Recruiting — As noted prior, Pete Ballotta joins Kixeye. He was previously founder of Teknominds.
- MuYoung Kim, Concept Artist — Kim was previously a freelance illustrator and concept artist.
- Sara Dawkins, Recruiting Coordinator — Also joining Kixeye, Dawkins was recently an “EA” at El Dorado Ventures.
- Will Reese, Junior Quality Engineer — Reese was previously a computer accessory sales associate at Fry’s Electronics.
- Mark Weaver, Lead Engineer — Weaver was formerly a lead Flash engineer at Idle Games.
- Anna Christine, Operations Manager — Joining KlickNation this week, Christine was previously the founder of Five Point Signings.
- Angela Kimzey, Community Service Representative — Also joining KlickNation, Kimzey was recently a designer and artist at Woventime Studios.
- Mike Odom, Software Engineer — Odom was formerly a software developer for Phase2Media.
- Ryan Lee, Senior Artist — Loot Drop hires a new artist this week. Lee was most recently a production artist and illustrator at Ubisoft.
- Karim A. Nassar, Director of Engineering — As noted prior, Karim A. Nassar is highlighted as Mindjolt’s director of engineering, having previously been director of software engineering at the Rubicon Project. However, this is merely a late update, as Nassar has been with the company since February.
- Josh Wagner, Art Director — Now a part of PopCap Games, Wagner was previously a senior concept artist at ZipZapPlay.
- David Ito, Associate Financial Accountant — Also at PopCap now, Ito was recently a sales operations manager at WatchGuard Technologies.
- Andrew Gann, Quality Assurance II — Gann was previously a contracted QA tester at Wired Talent.
- Devon Wolfgang, Senior Flash Engineer — Wolfgang was an electronics technician for the U.S. Navy.
- Stephanie Alessi, Legal Intern — Now at Zynga, Alessi was previously a corporate case assistant at Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP.
- Nic Vasconcellos, Associate Designer — Also at Zynga, Vasconcellos was most recently a student producer at Georgia Tech Cable Network.
- David Baack, Software Engineer Intern — Baack was a student at the University of Southern California.
- Dajiang Wei, Software Engineer — Wei was formerly a programmer for Gameloft.
- Tim Bach, Software Engineer Intern — Bach was previously an undergraduate teaching assistant at Carnegie Mellon Univeristy.
- Mike Guangyu Cao, Senior Software Engineer — Joining Zynga this week, Cao was previously a senior software engineer for Yahoo!.
- Lokesh Dave, Software Engineer — Dave was previously a software design engineer at Microsoft.