After a rather big set of hires last week, the past seven days have been much slower, according to data from LinkedIn. With most only hiring one or two new individuals, PopCap Games, wooga, and Zynga all made some especially notable moves.
Jeff Green joins PopCap as the director of editorial and social media, while Wooga gets a new head of operations in the form of Jan Miczaika. Over at Zynga, Destry Davison joins the team as the new director of operations in Austin.
As always, if your company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please let us know. Email editor (at) insidesocialgames (dot) com, and we’ll get it into this or next week’s post.
And for those searching for new jobs, be sure to check out our Inside Network Job Board.
Here’s this week’s full list:
- Jim Small — Small is now a senior technical recruiter for Car Town at Cie Studios. He was previously a senior recruiter for Activision.
- Michael Pierce — A former international customer service manager for Blizzard Entertainment, Pierce is now a customer service manager for Cie Studios.
- Oliver Ferraro — GSN gets a new intern with Ferraro, who was previously a “shooter” at the Film Society of Lincoln Center.
- Matt Ricchetti — In an internal change, Ricchetti moves from executive producer at Kabam to general manager.
- Galen Li — Li joins Kabam as a senior product manager. Prior to this, Li was director of product management at FusionProject/Edmodo.
- Tatyana Dvorkin — Now a user experience associate for Kabam, Dvorkin was previously eLearning quality assurance and a junior project leader at Monarch Media.
- Leslie Chaplin — Also joining Kabam as a user experience associate is Chaplin, a former executive assistant at Plug and Play Tech Center.
- Andrés Vergez — Vergez joins the Metrogames team as their newest game designer. He was previously a lead game designer for Gameloft.
- Prateek Jha — Only a single bit of activity from Mindjoltas Jha joins the team as a “mindjolt.” He was previously an assistant project engineer for Neo Metrix Engineering.
- Ignacio Harriague — An internal change, Harriague is now international business development under the Playdom tag. Before this, he was business development under the previously acquired Three Melons tag.
- Alexander Syed — Syed joins the folks over at Playfish as a senior Actionscript engineer. Previously, Syed was a Flex developer at KIT digital.
- Dorothée Gabai — Joining Playfish as an online marketing manager is Gabai, a former CRM marketing officer for Keytrade Bank.
- Jeff Green — Jeff Green marks the bigger hire for PopCap this week as he joins the team as director of editorial and social media. Prior to this, he was editor in chief for Electronic Arts.
- Carole Lavillonnière — Wooga gains a new Flash developer in the form of Lavillonnière. Before this, she was a game developer for F4 Group.
- Paula Palicio Sanz — Now a country manager for Spanish intern for wooga, Sanz, was previously a content manager for Spanish at Sprachcaffe.
- Jan Miczaika — As noted earlier, Jan Miczaika joins wooga a new head of operations. Before this, Miczaika was a managing director for German ecommerce marketplace Hitmeister.
- Kevin Louie — Louie joins Zynga as a compensation and benefits manager. Prior to this, he was an analyst for Mercer.
- Stephanie Lew — Now a concept artist for Zynga, Lew was previously a prep assistant for Spartan catering at Spartan Shops Inc.
- Phil Sorger — Previously a senior software engineer for Electronic Arts, Sorger now fills the same role for Zynga.
- Amar Chitimalli — A former software design engineer for Big Fish Games, Chitimalli joins the Zynga team as a software engineer in mobility.
- Jami Woy — Joining Zynga as an art producer is Woy, a previous media project manager for McGraw-Hill Higher Education.
- William Lazzaro — Technically an internal change, Lazzaro changes roles to engineer under the Zynga tag. He was previously director of operations and community management under the acquired Conduit Labs.
- Destry Davison — As noted already, Destry Davison is the new director of operations for Zynga over in Austin. Prior to this, he was vice president, director of delivery management at iMed Studios – Publicis Healthcare Communications Group.
- John Machin — Machin joins Zynga as a software engineer. Previously, he filled the same role at Electronic Arts.
- Surag Nalin — Also joining Zynga as a software engineer is Nalin who was previously a senior software engineer for Yahoo.