After a fairly average roster last week, the past seven days have been filled with new hires across over a dozen social developers. We’ve received a number of updates direct from the source, as well as data from LinkedIn, showing a number of hires filling major roles in the companies of MocoSpace, Cie Studios, Flying Wisdom Studios, and Loopt.
A few samples: MocoSpace is adding Mark Jung to its Board of Directors, Flying Wisdom Studios acquires a CCO and Director of Business Development with Eric Lindstrom and Sana Choudary respectively, and Loopt hires Aditya Palande as its new VP of Engineering.
As always, if your company is bringing on new people or making a notable promotion, please let us know. Email editor (at) insidesocialgames (dot) com, and we’ll get it into this or next week’s post.
For those searching for new jobs, be sure to check out our Inside Network Job Board.
Here’s this week’s list:
- Asko Puurula — A single internal change at Digital Chocolate this week as Game Artist Asko Puurula moves up to Lead Game Artist.
- Eric Lindstrom — Eric Lindstrom is joining Flying Wisdom Studios as its new Chief Creative Officer. With 20 years experience, he was previously the CCO of SGN and had prior experience with Electronic Arts and Crystal Dynamics.
- Sana Choudary — We also learned that Sana Choudary has joined Flying Wisdom Studios as its new Director of Business Development. Prior to this, her most recent experience was as VP of Social Game Development at Somatone Interactive.
- Nathan Germick — Kabam gains Germick as a new Executive Producer. His prior experience was as Director of Platform Development at Vitesse Learning.
- Victoria Kennedy — Now a User Experience Associate at Kabam, Kennedy was previously a Business Development Associate at Martini Media Network.
- Pascal Aschwanden — Aschwanden joins Kabam as a new Software Architect. Before this, he was a Web Developer at AlikeList, Inc.
- Jason Zhu — Previously an Operations Analyst for Silver Lake, Zhu joins Kabam as a new Online Marketing Analyst.
- Aditya Palande — Loopt is the third company with a major hire this week, appointing Aditya Palande as its VP of Engineering. With 20 years of engineering experience, Palande’s most recent position was as a Director at Google.
- Solveig Zarubin — A sole hire for MindJolt this week, Zarubin joins the company as a Senior Producer. Previously she was a Producer at PlayFirst, Inc.
- Mark Jung — In the last major hire of the week, MocoSpace announced the addition of Mark Jung to its Board of Directors. Currently Chairman of the Board for Songbird and Playhaven, he is also known as a former CEO and co-founder of IGN.
- Phil Harlow — Harlow joins Playdom as a new Flash Developer. Prior to this, he was a Client-side Software Engineer at Smith & Tinker, Inc.
- Jeremy Kercheval — Now a Senior Software Engineer at Playdom, Kercheval previously held the same title at Yahoo!
- Bhasker Allene — Before joining Playfish as a Java Consultant, Allene was also a Java Consultant for Detica.
- Kathy Schmidt — Schmidt joins PopCap as their newest Associate UI Designer. She was most recently a Marketing Designer at Hornall Adnerson Design Works.
- Guy Whitmore — A former Director of Audio for Microsoft, Whitmore joins PopCap as their Studio Audio Director.
- Allyson Willoughby — Now SVP and General Counsel for RockYou!, Willoughby was previously General Counsel at Method Products, Inc.
- Miikka Luotio — A new hire for Wooga this week as Luotio joins the company as a new Product Manager. Prior to this, he was an Associate Product Manager at Digital Chocolate.
- Ian Brillembourg — Formerly a Global Product Manager at Microsoft Game Studios, Brillembourg joins Zynga as a Product Manager.
- Fernando Alvarez — A new Customer Care Manager, Alvarez was previously a Product Support Manager – Mobile for Yahoo!
- Aaron Ligon — In an internal shift at Zynga, Ligon changes roles from Revenue Analyst to Product Manager.
- Colin Mahan — Previously a Copywriter for EVB, Mahan joins Zynga with the same job title.
- John Pham — A former Global Commodity Manager at Hewlett-Packard, Pham joins Zynga as its new Director of Procurement & Strategic Sourcing.
- Chris Boyle — Now a Web Developer for Zynga, Boyle was also, previously, a Web Developer for Bridge Worldwide.
- Alden Seabolt — Formerly a Marketing Coordinator for UC Davis, Seabolt joins Zynga as an Associate Producer for Texas Hold’Em Poker.
- Vinit Agarwal — A former Researcher at the National Science Foundation, Agarwal is now a Game Designer at Zynga.
- Shell Meggersee — Joining Zynga as a new 2D /3D Artist is Meggersee, whose most recent role was as a Modeler/Texture Artist at Element X Creative.
- William Marsden — Marsden joins Zynga as a new Software Engineer. Before this, he was a Programmer at Steel Penny Games.
- Hernan Alamo — As part of the Challenge Games acquisition, Alamo becomes a Software Engineer under Zynga. While at Challenge Games, Alamo was a Flash Games Developer.