Hiring in the social gaming industry was up this week, with 14 companies reporting 23 recent hires. According to data from LinkedIn and other sources, Zynga reported the most activity with five hires. The week’s most significant move belonged to Arkadium, which brought on Stephen Jarrett as VP of Game Design.
If your company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us. Email us at: mail (at) insidesocialgames (dot) com, and we’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
If you want to know who else is hiring, the Inside Network Job Board showcases current openings with the industry’s leading companies.
- Stephen Jarrett, VP of Game Design — A high profile hire at Arkadium. Jarrett was formerly the director, game design at Nickelodeon Virtual Worlds Group.
- Vaughan Sharman, Senior Developer — Sharman was previously a senior software developer at Credit Suisse.
- Suresh Pydikondala, 2D Artist — Pydikondala was formerly a 2D background artist at Gameshastra.
- Gabe Karkanis, Developer — Karkanis switches careers, from an investment advisor at LEAGUE Financial Partners.
- Chris Durel, Mechanics Engineer — Two hires at Jogonaut this week. Durel is recently graduated from the Florida Interactive Entertainment Academy.
- Joey Hannes, Game Designer — Hannes is also a graduate of the Florida Interactive Entertainment Academy.
- Chong Luo, Software Engineer — Cho was previously a web developer at Immerse Tech.
- Charity Woosley, Office Manager — Woosley was an office manager at White Glove Technologies.
- Dr. Cat, Senior Server Engineer — Dr. Cat (also known as David Shapiro) was previously the lead game designer at Idle Games.
- Andrew Mazur, Flash Developer — Mazur was a flash developer at OnClick.
- Chang Moon, QA Analyst — Moon was previously a QA tester at Atari.
- Fernando Gessler, Senior Developer — Gessler was also a senior developer at Evolium before joining Social Point.
- Sarah Schweiger, International PR Manager — Four hires this week for Spil Games, beginning with the highest profile one. Schweiger comes from Yahoo! Munich office, where she worked as a B2B Marketing Manager.
- Tamas Kende, QA Automation Engineer — Kende was an application test programmer at Disney.
- Rene Ranjan William, Data Warehouse Engineer — William worked as a Data Modeler at paperlinx.com.au.
- Dieneke Kuijpers, Marketing Director GirlsGoGames — Kuijpers has previously worked with a variety of kids brands, including Nickelodeon and LEGO.
- Sonia Barreto, Support Analyst — Barreto was previously a encuestadora telefónica at Consumer in Touch.
- Eric Emanuel, Operations Director — High profile hires also put We R Interactive into our weekly roundup. Emanuel was previously a consultant for online mobile gaming companies.
- Irene Lepe, Animator — Five hires this week for Zynga. Lepe was an animator at 6waves Lolapps.
- Frank Vanderwel, 3D Environment Artist — Vanderwel was a freelance character and prop designer, animator at Hitgrab Inc.
- Srinath Ramanujan, Associate Software Engineer — Ramanujan starts his career at Zynga.
- Jeffery Miles, Quality Assurance Engineer II — Miles was a QA embedded analyst at Bioware.
- Jessie P. Matte, Producer — Matte was a development manager at Electronic Arts Tiburon.