Hiring in the social gaming industry was steady with week, with seven companies reporting 18 new employees. According to data from LinkedIn and other sources, East Side Games and Nanigans accounted for the majority of week’s activity. The biggest hires were at Bossa Studios, who added former Sony vice president Yoshifusa Hayama to the team as creative director and Nanigans who added a new CFO and SVP.
If your company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us. Email us at: mail (at) insidesocialgames (dot) com, and we’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
If you want to know who else is hiring, the Inside Network Job Board showcases current openings with the industry’s leading companies.
- Yoshifusa Hayama, Creative Director – Bossa studios kicks off this week’s roundup with the highest profile hire. The London-based developer has brought aboard Hayama as its creative director. Hayama was previously a VP at Sony.
- Kevin Okada, Designer/Artist – Vancouver BC based East Side Games added six new employees this week, accounting for most of the hiring activity in this week’s roundup. First up is Okada, who was previously the lead level designer at Rabbit Hole Interactive.
- Jason Fleming, Software Engineer – Next up is Fleming, who moves from a programming position at Magellan Interactive.
- Josh Wood, Jr Software Engineer, QA – Wood starts his career with East Side Games, coming from Vancouver Film School.
- Darius Tam, Software Engineer – Tam also moves from Rabbit Hole, where he was a senior gameplay software engineer at Rabbit Hole Interactive.
- Dimitri Sirenko, Artist – Sirenko was previously an artist at The Sequence Group.
- Daphne Mui, Jr System Administrator – Finally Mui comes from Ericsson, where she previously worked as a software development co-op.
- Traci Hui, UI Artist – A single hire for Kabam this week. Hui was formerly a traffic manager at Image Comics.
- Romain Di Vuolo, Software Engineer – Kixeye also makes our list with one hire. Di Vuolo comes from Casualing, where he was also a software engineer.
- Scott Ward, CFO – Boston based Nanigans make our list with some very high profile hires. First up is new CFO Ward, who was formerly the CFO at Chitika.
- Ben Tregoe, SVP Business Development – Next up Tregoe, the the former founder and CEO of Getsugar who joins the company as the SVP of business developement.
- Nanigans also told us it had added four new members to its operations team to keep pace with new business.
- Sergio De Natale, XML Game Coder – De Natale makes the the jump from Mixel Scarl, where he was a junior developer.
- Joel Thomas, Senior Concept Artist – Zynga closes out our listing this week with a pair of hires. Thomas was previously a concept artist at Electric Bat Interactive.
- Jason Kim, Technical Game Designer – Next up is Kim, who was formerly the lead game designer and game programmer at Frozen Codebase.