It’s Thanksgiving week, but the holidays have not yet impacted the overall rate of hiring in the social game industry. That said, the data found on LinkedIn is slightly lighter this time around than the huge number of moves found last week. We’ve also heard of a few moves from the companies themselves.
Appssavvy is likely the most familiar to regular readers; they tell us they’ve just hired a new Chief Client Officer in the form of Jack Bamberger. L.A.-based SVnetwork announced the hiring of Anna Seibert as their SVP of Sales Development, and a social ad company by the name of RadiumOne announced their new CFO, Bill Lonergan. Zynga appears to have a new Director of Engineering, former MySpaceVP of Engineering Manoj Sharma.
As always, if your company is bringing on new people or making a notable promotion, please let us know. Email editor (at) insidesocialgames (dot) com, and we’ll get it into this or next week’s post.
And for those searching for new jobs, be sure to check out our Inside Network Job Board.
Here’s this week’s full list:
- Jack Bamberger — Earlier this week, Appssavy announced the hiring of Jack Bamberger as their new Chief Client Officer. Prior to this, his most recent role was leading business and account management efforts for the social media outlet Katalyst.
- Jodi Goldin — Also joining Appssavy is Goldin, who comes on as a Client Services Manager. Previously, Goldin was an Account Executive for NCC Media.
- Tomi Joki-Korpela — Internal changes at Digital Chocolate this week, as Joki-Korpela shifts roles from Lead Server Engineer to Server Programming Director.
- Reko Nokkanen — Nokkanen also makes a shift, moving from Game Designer to Design Manager at Digital Chocolate.
- Amit Ranade — Ranade begins the string of hires for Kabam. According to the company, Ranade joins the team as a General Manager with prior experience at Hi5 filling roles such as Senior Producer, Director of Infrastructure, and Senior Software Engineer.
- James Holloway — Next on the list is Holloway, who joins Kabam as an Executive Producer. With 10 years experience, his prior role was leading development teams at CrowdStar.
- Curtis Chiu — Chiu joins Kabam as their newest Senior Producer. With 11 years experience, Chiu comes with a background as a Product Manager for NHN as well as the Director of Product & Live Operations for Outspark.
- Nathan Germick — With his most recent role at Kabam acquisition WonderHill as a manager of their Flash teams, Germick has become Executive Producer at Kabam.
- Michael Pierce — Also joining Kabam is Pierce, who joins as an SEM Analyst. Previously, he was an Account Strategist for Google.
- Mariano Semelman — A single hire for Metrogames this week as Semelman joins as “Desarrollo de Juegos,” or a game developer. Before this, he was “Analista de Bases de Datos” at Adaptive.
- Sam Houston — Technically an internal shift, Houston switches from a Community Management Specialist under the Electronic Arts tag to an Online Content Manager under the Plafish tag.
- Duncan Brown — Also a slight internal change: Brown switches from an Art Lead at Playfish to Art Director.
- John Flynn — Formerly an Art/Creative Director for Meteor Games LLC, Flynn is now an Art Director at Playdom.
- Mike Wells — Now a Sr. Software Engineer at Playdom, Wells was previously a Software Architect at DST Health Solutions.
- Cathy Orr — Only an internal change for PopCap this week as Orr changes from European PR Director to Senior Director of International PR.
- Bill Lonergan — RadiumOne, an online ad network that utilizes social data, has hired Bill Lonergan as their Chief Financial Officer. Before this, he held the same title at Offerpal.
- Anna Seibert — SVnetwork, another online ad provider for social media, announced Anna Seibert as their new SVP of Sales Development. She comes to SVnetwork with experience from AOL, where she was VP of Agency Development.
- Ziro Falcao — Wooga has filled us in on the hiring of Falcao as their newest Game Artist. Prior to this, Falcao was also a Game Artist for Digital Chocolate.
- Chris Dodge — Now a Mobile Engineer at Zynga, Dodge was previously a Mobile Engineer for SRRN Games, LLC.
- Daniel Wiggins — Previously an Associate for Columbia Capital, Wiggins is now a Manager of Corporate Development for Zynga.
- Rick Robertson — Formerly a contracted Senior Technical Recruiter for MySpace, Robertson joins Zynga as their own Technical Recruiter.
- Joe Sierra — Sierra joins Zynga as a new Customer Support Agent. Before this, Sierra was a Workflow Specialist CSR at France Telecom / GOA.
- Slade Villena — Now a Software Engineer at Zynga, Villena was previously Chief of Operations at Mercenary Games.
- Manoj Sharma — Zynga gains a new Director of Engineering in Manoj Sharma. Prior to this, he was Vice President of Engineering at MySpace.
- Kenji Low — Formerly a Software Engineer Intern for Singapore-MIT GAMBIT Game Lab, Low is now a Software Engineer for Zynga.
- Sampath Jaini — Jaini is now a Sr Software Engineer for Zynga. Jaini’s previous role was of the same title for YouSendIt.