The hiring world in social games continues on strong, according to data from LinkedIn. As opposed to last week, however, only seven developers showed new hiring activity. Even so, correspondence from four other developers have filled us in on a few new hires of their own.
Rahul Daterao, formerly of KickApps, is the first on the list, joining appssavvy as their new chief technology officer. The second major hire this week, comes from Winster.com who has hired Jonathan Simpson-Bint as their new executive vice president and chief revenue officer. Of course, the LinkedIn data also showed a major hire for RockYou as well, who brought on Jonathan Knight as SVP of games.
As always, if your company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please let us know. Email editor (at) insidesocialgames (dot) com, and we’ll get it into this or next week’s post.
And for those searching for new jobs, be sure to check out our Inside Network Job Board.
Here’s this week’s full list:
- Rahul Daterao — Rahul Daterao joins appssavvy as their new chief technology officer. His most recent experience stems from KickApps where he served the same CTO role.
- Egar Román Almeida — Atommica gains a new game manager with Almeida, a former senior game designer for Sabarasa Games.
- Pablo Iglesias — The former game programmer from Sabarasa Games, Iglesias, is now a game programmer for Atommica.
- Iván Vodopiviz —Vodopiviz joins Atommica as a lead game programmer. Previously, he filled this same role at Sabarasa Games.
- Sabrina Miller — Miller is now a senior game programmer for Atommica. She was a development analyst for Telemedia Latin America.
- Jeremías Babini — Atommica gains a new game artist with Babini, a former freelance illustrator.
- Kevin Hogan — Joining Digital Chocolate as a product manager is Hogan. Before this, he was a web 2.0 intern at ESADE.
- Sirio Brozzi — Kabam gains a new concept artist with Brozzi, who filled the same role, previously, at Runic Games.
- Zach Oldenkamp — Now a 2D production art intern for Kabam, Oldenkamp was previously a production art intern for Massive Black.
- Dan Fearing — Now a software engineer for MindJolt, Fearing was previously a software test engineer for Demand Media.
- Florian Menesses — A former development tester for Electronic Arts, Menesses joins Playdom as a QA analyst.
- Alexander Syed — Syed joins the Playfish team as a senior Actionscript engineer. Syed was previously a Flex developer for KIT Digital, Inc.
- Henriette Myrlund — Now a game designer for Playfish, Myrlund was previously a research assistant at Hedmark University College.
- Jordan Grader — Playfish gains Grader as a new video production manager and office manager. Before this she was part of business affairs for Lionsgate TV at Lionsgate.
- Miloš Marković — A quick note from the folks over at Nordeus let us know of Marković joining the team as their newest software development engineer.
- Jonathan Knight — Jonathan Knight joins RockYou as the new SVP of games. Prior to this, he was a vice president and executive producer for Electronic Arts.
- Josh Forester — Now a community advocate for RockYou, Forester was previously a localization lead and community manager for Changyou.com (US) Inc.
- Jonathan Simpson-Bint — As noted prior, Jonathan Simpson-Bint joins Winster as their new executive vice president and chief revenue officer. His prior experience stems from 20 years of magazine publishing and interactive entertainment, but he was formerly president of Future Network USA.
- Eric McDougal — The former interim COO for TCHO, McDougal is now a director and “Minister of Cool” at Zynga.
- Adam Flesher — Once a software developer for Mercurial Communications, Flesher is now a senior software engineer for Zynga.
- Russell Patterson —Patterson is now a senior software engineer for Zynga. Prior to this, he filled the same role at Electronic Arts.
- Alex Vaughan — Zynga gains a new game designer in the form of Vaughan, a former designer from Be-Rad Entertainment.
- Dennis Scheyer — Scheyer joins Zynga as a consulting game writer for CityVille. Hew previously a record producer for Davis Fountain.
- David Schreck — Previously a web developer for Deniro Marketing, Schreck is now a Mafia Wars systems manager for Zynga.
- Kent Evans — Now director of accounting operations at Zynga, Evans was previously an accounting manager for Ellison Machinery Company.
- Somu Arumugam — Arumugam joins Zynga as one of their new game artists. Before this he was a senior project lead at ADYes.
- Tyler Parkinson — Formerly a student assistant at CCAD Packard Library, Parkinson is now a 2D/3D artist for Zynga.
- Emily Anadu — Zynga gains a new marketing team member with Anadu who was previously director of brand marketing at Capcom Entertainment.
- Melody Sadowy — Previously a quality assurance analyst at 3xLOGIC, Sadowy now joins Zynga as a quality assurance engineer.
- Gabe Leung — Leung joins Zynga, this week, as their new university relations recruiter. Prior to this he was part of engineering staffing at Google.