11 social companies showed hiring activity this week, according to data from LinkedIn and other sources, picking up from last week’s 10. Though the number of companies showing new hires has increased slightly, the past seven days showed no new activity in terms of major executive level hires.
As always, if your company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please let us know. Email editor (at) insidesocialgames (dot) com, and we’ll get it into this or next week’s post. Also, please note that the information about most new hires, below, comes directly from company updates from LinkedIn, and is only as current as each person’s profile.
Looking for new opportunities? The Inside Network Job Board presents a survey of current openings at leading companies
Here’s this week’s full list:
- Ray Chan, 2D Artist — Three new hires are noted for 6waves Lolapps this week, starting with Chan. Prior to joining 6waves Lolapps, he was a 2D concept artist for Vast Studios.
- Leo Aquino, 2D Illustrator — Also joining 6waves Lolapps is Aquino. He was formerly a visual content artist and photographer for SwimOutlet.com.
- Jeffrey Liu, Jr. Graphic Designer — Liu was previously a graphic design intern for OpenFeint and is also currently a graphic designer for Ginger Labs and Urii Designs.
- Kristen Wang, Online Marketing Associate — Wang joins CrowdStar this week. She was previously a marketing associate for Changyou.com (US).
- Matt Ritchie, Software Developer — Also now at CrowdStar is Ritchie. Ritchie was formerly a software engineer for BigDates Solutions.
- Alicia Pereira Garcia, Technical Artist — Joining Digital Chocolate this week is Garcia. Garcia was most recently a freelance Flash artist for Goodgame Studios.
- Srividya Viveganandan, Software Engineering Intern — Now at Gaia Interactive, Viveganandan was previously a student at San Jose State University.
- Dan Son, Web Developer — Now a part of GameHouse, Son was previously an enterprise integration software engineer for Clearwire.
- Steven Thompson, Marketing Manager — Also joining GameHouse this week is Thompson, who previously worked within the ecommerce and paid search space.
- Rafael Assumpcao, IT Infrastructure — He was previously a virtualization InfraOps tech leader at Yahoo!.
- Benedicto Franco Jr., Architect — Also joining Gree is Franco Jr., a former international solutions architect for Yahoo!.
- Greg Noll, Marketing Manager, Web and Analytics — Noll was previously a producer for online gaming at Namco Bandai Games America.
- Jason McIntosh, Software Engineer — Loot Drop starts off a trio of new hires with McIntosh. He was most recently a managing director for Otherwhere Gameworks.
- Christopher Doucette, Software Engineer — Prior to Loot Drop, Doucette was a Ph.D. student at Princeton.
- Jonathan Rodgers, Software Engineer — Rodgers was formerly an employee for HumaNature Studios and CrowdStar.
- Jelena Cvetković, Software Development Engineer — In an internal shift at Nordeus, Cvetković moves up from her prior role as an intern.
- Ruth Evaline, Account Executive — RockYou makes a single hire, bringing on Evaline, a former account executive for PK4 Media.
- Sako Salovaara, Product Manager Intern — Wooga shows activity this week, starting with Salovaara. Salovaara was previously a student at the Kajaani University of Applied Sciences.
- Florian Steinhoff, Product Manager — Also joining wooga is Steinhoff, a former student at Technische Fachhochschule, Berlin.
- Viseh K., Associate Producer — Starting off the list of new Zynga hires this week is Visesh K., a former manager for pre-sales and solution design for Sify.
- Alex Levinson, Security Software Engineer — Also joining Zynga is Levinson. He was previously a student at the Rochester Insitute of Technology.
- Lisa Ton, Senior Consolidations Accountant — Ton was previously a senior accountant at American Honda Motor.
- Nick Penninipede, Game Designer — Penninipede was most recently a game designer for Gameloft.
- Vladimir Loktev, Product Manager — Now a part of Zynga, Loktev was formerly a summer consultant at The Boston Consulting Group.
- Sharad Mitra, Art Producer — In an internal change at Zynga, Mitra moves up from his role as an associate art producer.
- Stanislave Komsky, Product Manager — In another internal shift at Zynga, Komsky was previously a product management intern.
- Cassie Morgan, Game Designer — Morgan was most recently a game designer for Sony Online Entertainment.