Hiring in the mobile apps sector was down slightly this week with 19 new hires spread between 12 companies. Based on information from LinkedIn and other sources, Square and Gameloft reported the most activity with three new hires each. The highest profile hire of the week is Claire Hough, who is joining Tapjoy as Senior Vice President of Engineering. Hough was an engineering executive at Nextag, Napster and Netscape before she joined Tapjoy.
If your mobile game or social app company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us. Email us at: mail (at) insidemobileapps (dot) com, and we’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
If you want to know who else is hiring, the Inside Network Job Board showcases current openings with the industry’s leading companies.
- Stefan Taylor, Market Research Associate — This is Taylor’s first job in the industry.
- Gregg Metzler, Animator and artist — Meltzer comes to EA PopCap from DigiPen Institute of Technology.
- Matt Fairfax, Sr Software Engineer — Fairfax was senior game programmer at The Playforge.
- Michael Alexovich, Software Engineer — This is Alexovich’s first job in the mobile app sector.
- Charles Capelle, 2D Games Producer – Chef de Projet — Capelle was chef de publicité jeux vidéo at Free Zone.
- Marie-Laure Maurannes, Chef de projet — Maurannes was formerly chargée marketing & communication at Novacom Services.
- Yasser Bushara, Game Designer — Bushara was previously technical writer at DR Studios.
- Andrew Hughes, In-house Legal Staff — Hughes was an associate at Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP before Joining GREE.
- Chris Sparhawk, SVP, Product and Managing Director — Sparhawk previously was the social and community lead for Nike, Inc. in Portland.
- Lily Gunawan, Global Recruiters — Gunawan was SNS manager at Hoyu America Co. before she joined KLab.
- Gary Almes, Senior Product Manager — Almes was formerly director of interactive media at Hudson Potomac Services Corp.
- Lisa Packe, Europe Sales Executive — Packe was fashion media sales coordinator at Harrods.
- Adam Lohr, Tools Engineer — Lohr comes to Pocket Gems from ITA software, where he was operations tools programmer.
- Graham Hicks, Interaction Designer — Hicks was previously principal interaction designer at IDEO.
- Charlie Wasson, Square Support — Wasson graduated from the University of Colorado at Boulder.
- Bryan Duxbury, Software Engineer – Analysis — Duxbury was a release manager at Apache Thrift.
- Joshua Helm, QA Tester — Helm was formerly QA tester at Namco Bandai Games America.
- Ider Zheng, Software Engineer — Zheng was a student assistant at Syracuse University before joining Storm8.
- Claire Hough, Senior Vice President of Engineering — Hough was an engineering executive at Nextag, Napster and Netscape before she joined Tapjoy.