Hiring in the mobile apps sector picked up slightly this week, with 15 new hires spread out across seven companies. Based on information from LinkedIn and other sources, GREE international lead the hires this week with four new team members, followed closely by InMobi, who have added three new faces since they appeared on this list last week. Only two big hires happened this week, with Joe Giovengo joining GSN as its new executive director, and Seungyeon Kim moving from Google to join InMobi as their head of Korea sales and operations.
If your mobile game or social app company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us. Email us at: mail (at) insidemobileapps (dot) com, and we’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
If you want to know who else is hiring, the Inside Network Job Board showcases current openings with the industry’s leading companies.
- Marc Hall, Lead Programmer – Glu Mobile starts us off this week. Hall moves from Foundation 9 Entertainment, where he was also lead programmer.
- Claire Hwang, HR Generalist – GREE international adds four new team members this week. Hwang was formerly an HR generalist with Tiny Prints.
- Ernesto Rojo Jr., Software Engineer – Also making the move is Rojo Jr., previously a junior interface programmer with Trax.
- Rie Pham, Administration – Pham moves from Google, where she worked as a Technical Sourcer.
- Hubert Ho, Accountant – And finally Ho, who was previously a staff accountant with Coveroo.
- Joe Giovengo, Executive Director – GSN only has one hire this week, but it’s a high profile one. Giovengo comes on as executive director, having previously been an account executive at NBC Universal.
- Seungyeon Kim, Head of Korea Sales and Operations – Continuing its hiring streak, mobile advertising network InMobi adds four new faces this week. Kim is the highest profile of the four, moving from Google, where he was previously head of global top accounts.
- John Flavin, Business Analyst – Also joining the InMobi team is Flavin, who comes from TidalTV, where he was a research and development intern.
- Meghan Marie McDonnell, Campaign Manager – McDonnell was previously a project manager at Hogue.
- Nik Harris, Manager, Sales Engineer – Finally Harris moves from Siber Systems, where he was formerly the head of product integration.
- Nick Carlson, Project Manager – Two hires for Millenial Media. Carlson makes the move from Legg Mason, where he was a senior project coordinator.
- Brandon Breon, Director – Publisher Solutions West Region – Also joining is Breon, a former brand account manager at HipCricket.
- Pablo Molina García, Server Programmer – García moves to Rovio from Cindercone, where he was previously a Software Developer.
- Jayme DeDona, Software Engineer – TinyCo brings on a single new face this week. DeDona starts his career with TinyCo, previously having attended Brown University.