Hiring in the mobile apps sector was steady this week, with 17 new hires spread across 10 companies. Based on information from LinkedIn and other sources, Gameloft showed the most activity, but Thumb and Tap.me had the highest profile hires. Tap.me appointed former Ogilvy Chicago senior VP Ian Sohn as its senior vice president of client strategy and marketing and Thumb created the new role of chief business development officer for Hadley Harris.
If your mobile game or social app company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us. Email us at: mail (at) insidemobileapps (dot) com, and we’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
If you want to know who else is hiring, the Inside Network Job Board showcases current openings with the industry’s leading companies
- Nicholas Wong, Quality Assurance Tester – Booyah starts off our roundup with a single hire. Wong was previously a quality assurance assistant lead at Namco Bandai Games America.
- Mai Vu, Product Manager – Vu was previously a consultant at Outline Magazine.
- Alexandra Nichita, Human Resources Representative – Five hires and promotions this week at Gameloft. Nichita was previously an HR assistant at Gameloft.
- Chirag (Tito) Morab, Game Developer – Morab moves up from a technical support position at Sutherland Global Services.
- Alexandre Proulx Audy, Environment Artist – Audy was formerly the lead technical artist at DTI Software.
- Dwi Antoko, Sr. Gameloft LIVE! Quality Assurance – Another promotion at Gameloft. Antoko was previously working in social network system quality assurance at Gameloft.
- Daniel Tetrault, 3D Animator – Tetrault was formerly a 3D Animator at BioWare.
- Julian Jauregui, Intern 3D Animator – A single hire for Glu Mobile this week. Jauregui was a contract artist at Hoaloha Robotics.
- Keisuke Kobayashi, Software Engineer – Kobayashi comes from Sony, where he was also a software engineer.
- Tim Chng, Optimization Software Engineer – A trio of hires at Millennial Media. Chng was formerly a software developer at Bill Me Later, Inc.
- David “Wyn” Bennett, Software Engineer – Bennet moves from Symantec, where he was also a software engineer.
- Brian Sims, Associate General Counsel – Sims was previously commercial counsel at PayPal.
- Salla Hakko, Intern – Hakko was previously an intern at Grit Studio LTD.
- Meghan Kludt, Senior Director of Sales – Kludt was most recently the director of Midwest sales at Appssavvy.
- Ian Sohn, Senior Vice President, Client Strategy and Marketing – One of this week’s highest profile moves, Sohn comes from a position as the senior vice president and group director at Ogilvy Chicago.
- Robin Holstein, Flash Animator – Holstein was formerly a production animator / artist at Anthem Design Group.
- Hadley Harris, Chief Business Development Officer – Thumb closes our hires with Harris. He is a the former head of business at Vlingo and was a founding partner at ENIAC Ventures before joining the Thumb team.