Hiring in the mobile apps sector was back to its former levels this week, with 11 new hires spread out across five companies. Based on information from LinkedIn and other sources, Gameloft and InMobi showed the most activity but it was Natural Motion that scored the week’s highest profile move with the hire of former W3i business development executive Nick Bhardwaj as the company’s new VP of user acquisition and monetization.
If your mobile game or social app company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us. Email us at: mail (at) insidemobileapps (dot) com, and we’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
If you want to know who else is hiring, the Inside Network Job Board showcases current openings with the industry’s leading companies.
- Perla Soledad Arias, Training Developer – Gameloft begin our listings this week with a trio of hires. Arias was formerly an analyst at Perimontu Interactive Agency
- Dong Chen, VFX Artist – Chen comes to Gameloft from Central China Normal University, where he was a graduate teaching assistant.
- Mauricio Barceló, HTML5 Web Developer – Barceló was previously a platform engineer at Minor Studios.
- Yosuke Tsukamoto, Global Strategy Group – Hiring mainstay GREE makes our list this week with two hires. First up is Tsukamoto, who was formerly in strategy and market development at IBM Global Business Services.
- Hannah Russin, Senior Marketing Manager – Russin was previously the previously was senior communications manager at SpeedDate.com
- Jeremia Kimelman, Developer Evangelist – InMobi also has a pair of hires this week. Kimelman was previously the user acquisition specialist & developer advocate at Socialize.
- Chris Kim, Sales Program Manager – InMobi also brings on Kim to their South Korean office. Kim moves from Touchring, where he was the global strategy and marketing manager.
- Nick Bhardwaj, VP of User Acquisition and Monetization – Natural Motion has this week’s highest profile hire, bringing aboard ad industry verteran Nick Bhardwaj into a VP role. Bhardwaj was previously a business development executive with W3i.
- Jeroen Van Den Bosch, Product Manager – Natural Motion also adds Van Den Bosch to it ranks. He was previously a game designer and level designer at Larian Studios.
- Neil Parkinson, Animator – Parkinson moves from Electronic Arts, where he was a lead, senior animator.
- Stephen Zito, UI and UX Designer – Zito comes to Tapjoy from 50 Cubes, where he was a UI designer.
While not technically a new hire listing, this week Tapjoy announced it had formed an advisory board made up of many notable faces from the mobile app and advertising industry. Tapjoy’s advisory board’s inaugural members are:
- Peter Yared – CTO, CBS Interactive
- Bernardo Hernandez – head of emerging products, Google
- Jeff Lanctot – CMO, Razorfish
- Arjun Sethi – CEO, LOLapps
- Shane Kim – board member, GameStop
- Jim Elms – lead of global strategy and insights, UM
- Matt Ocko – managing director, Archimedes Capital
- Tom Moss – CEO, 3LM