Hiring activity was up again this week, following last week’s modest increase. According to information we gathered from LinkedIn and other sources, 10 companies brought on 18 new staff members, with GREE International and sister company GREE Inc responsible for 6 of those hires, two of them at the executive level. That said, this week’s highest profile hire belonged to King.com, which brought on Alex Dale from an executive position at Microsoft to become its new chief marketing officer.
If your mobile game or social app company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us. Email us at: mail (at) insidemobileapps (dot) com, and we’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
If you want to know who else is hiring, the Inside Network Job Board showcases current openings with the industry’s leading companies.
- Manmohan Anand, Jr. Game Producer – Three moves at GameLoft this week as well. First up is Anand, who comes from Sochtek India, where he worked as a developer.
- Asif Haroon Memon, Game Developer – Second is Memon, who was previously senior software engineer at Associated Consulting Pvt. Ltd.
- Oleg Batrakov, Lead C++ Developer – And finally Batrakov was promoted internally, moving up from his former position as C++ Developer.
- Josh Hoida, Associate Programmer – Hoida joins Glu Mobile, coming from Griptonite Games, where he was also an associate programmer.
- Mei Yeh, Web/Graphic Designer – Yeh is another new face at GREE this week, moving from Ongo News where she was an Art Director/Senior Visual Designer.
- Richard Chew, BI Data Analyst – Also joining is Chew, a former senior product manager, web analytics at VMware Inc.
- German Roverso, Game Artist – Roverso makes the move from Pumpkin Betrayal, where he was an illustrator/concept artist.
- Tsuyoshi Tanaka, Executive Director – GREE Inc, the sister company of GREE International also brings on two new people this week. Tanaka was formerly the co-head of Japanese company Frying Pans.
- Miharu Watanabe, Legal – Watanabe was formerly a legal IPR at Access.
- Pranjal Desai, Strategic Partnerships, Global Program Manager – One new hire at InMobi this week, Desai was previously a strategic partner manager at Directi.
- Alex Dale, Chief Marketing Officer – By far the biggest hire of this week, Dale comes to King.com from Microsoft, where he was the general manager of their consumer and online services group in Central and Eastern Europe.
- Adam November, Customer Insight Analyst – There is also one new face at Playdom. November moves from Disney Interactive Media, where he was also a customer insight analyst.
- Gustav Enekvist, European Sales Manager – Tapjoy brings on Enekvist, formerly employed at Proctor & Gamble in the accounts receivables department.
- Taylor Shirk, Marketing and Business Development Intern – Shirk joins the Work4 Labs team from his former position at Staples.