Hiring in the mobile apps sector was steady this week, with 18 new hires spread between 8 companies. Based on information from LinkedIn and other sources, Gameloft, InMobi and GREE showed the most activity and GREE had the highest profile hire, scooping Yahoo’s director of engineering Brenda O’Kane to fill the same role for them.
If your mobile game or social app company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us. Email us at: mail (at) insidemobileapps (dot) com, and we’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
If you want to know who else is hiring, the Inside Network Job Board showcases current openings with the industry’s leading companies.
- Rahul Dey, QA Tester – EA Mobile starts our hires this week with Dey, who comes to the company from the Calcutta Institute of Technology.
- Elton Lo, 2D Artist – Four hires and promotions for Gameloft this week. Lo was previously a background artist at Solis Animation.
- Hermann Marie-Joseph, Character artist – Marie-Joseph was formerly a 2D/3D artist at Dancing Dots.
- Ge Jian Feng, Local Producer – Feng moves up from his former position as the China console QA manager at Gameloft.
- Miles Maxwell, 3D Environment Artist – Finally, Maxwell was a 3D environment artist at Wrath Hammer Games before coming to Gameloft.
- Ken Hu, Senior Data Engineer – GREE reports six hires this week. First up is Hu, who was previously a senior data engineer at Kabam.
- Mamun Parvaiz, Marketing Coordinator – Next up is Parvaiz, who was formerly a marketing assistant and sales operations employee at NTT Communications
- Michelle Lo, Sales Operations Coordinator – Lo was previously the import and export coordinator at Koyo Cooling Systems Inc.
- Keisuke Kawase, Director Internship – Kawase was a web site developer at Japan Heart before joining GREE.
- Michi Momma, Analyst – Momma comes to GREE from NEC, where he was an assistant manager.
- Brenda O’Kane, Director of Engineering – This week’s highest profile hire is GREE’s acquisition of O’Kane, who was previously the director of engineering at Yahoo.
- Shariq Hashmi Manager, Software Development Engineer – InMobi promotes Hashmi from his previous job as tech lead – QA.
- Lakshmi Murali HR intern – Murali is currently a student at James Cook University in Singapore.
- Kunal Gautam, Software Engineer – Gautam was previously a system software engineer at Akamai Technologies.
- Felipe Barriga, Software Engineer – A single hire for ngmoco, which brings on Barriga from the Algometrics Hedge Fund where he was a quant engineer.
- Pradeep Dorairaj, Mobile Engineer – Dorairaj comes from Cisco Systems, where he was a software engineer.
- Eoin O’Doherty, Jr Web Games Designer – O’Doherty joins Rovio from Brunel University, where he was doing postgraduate work in digital game design and theory.
- Erica Deas, Senior Manager, Sales – Deas was previously the sales manager at Commission Junction.