It’s been another rather active week for the mobile hiring space with 12 developers showing new activity according to data from LinkedIn and other sources. While highly active companies such as Gameloft continue their high influx of new hires, other smaller companies, such as Gowalla, also showed new faces in the past seven days. Of all the highlighted developers, only a few showed higher-profile hires, including Flurry and InMobi.
In terms of Flurry, it technically isn’t a new hire, but Anthony Watkins takes over as the interim managing director in New York. That said, he is still currently the director of partner integration at Flurry. At InMobi, Vivek Iyer is brought on as “Strategy & Operations .” Though the exact details of the role are not noted, he was previously an associate at Allegro Capital Advisors
We know there are many more mobile game and mobile social app developers who are actively growing, so if your company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us here: mail (at) insidemobileapps (dot) com. We’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
Who else is hiring? The Inside Network Job Board presents a survey of current openings at leading companies in the industry.
Here’s this week’s full list:
- Eric Moore, Business Analyst — Capcom’s Beeline Interactive shows activity this week, bringing on Moore. Moore was previously a financial analyst at Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies.
- Anthony Watkins, Interim Managing Director, New York — Flurry brings on Watkins this week, who was previously the director of product development at Systems Engineering Solutions, Inc. and is also the current director of partner integration at Flurry.
- Luke Fowlie, Software Engineering Intern — Joining Flurry, Fowlie was previously a student at Darmouth College.
- Romain Sididris, Technical Director — In what appears to be an internal change at Gameloft, Sididris, in a past hires post, was noted as a 3D developer and “HQ lead engine.” He was also previously the technical director for Virtools Dassault Systemes.
- Vasiliy Lazurin, BI Department Coordinator — Lazurin also joins Gameloft this week. His prior role is unknown, but he is also currently a web developer for Gameloft Ukraine.
- Gabriel Stancu, Senior Project Manager — Stancu was previously an associate producer for EA Mobile.
- Vannara Ty, Senior Game Designer — Ty was most recently a lead game designer for Ludia.
- Alex Kam, 3D Artist — Kam joins Gameloft this week. He was formerly a junior environment artist at Next Level Games.
- Shwetha Mukka, Game Tester — Mukka was previously a GIS representative for Google.
- Claire Sanchez, 3D Artist — Now at Gameloft, Shanchez was most recently a 3D modeler for Modux FX.
- Tae Kim, HD+ Project Manager — Kim was a senior manager of WCG planning at World Cyber Games.
- Michael May, Software Intern — Showing activity this week, Gowalla brings on May, who was previously a software intern for Potomac Fusion.
- Jim Saju, Executive Associate — Starting off a trio of new InMobi hires is Saju, a former student of Christ University Institute of Management, Bangalore.
- Vivek Iyer, Strategy & Operations — As noted prior, Vivek Iyer joins InMobi as “strategy and operations.” Iyer was most recently an associate at Allegro Capital Advisors.
- Shweta Chandra, Senior Project Manager — Chandra was previously a technical project manager at America Online.
- Hussain Rahim, Marketing Manager — Joining Jumptap this week is Rahim, a former online marketing associate for MediaBistro.com.
- Karly Bolton, Corporate Communications Intern — Prior to joining Loopt, Bolton was a public relations intern at COLABORATORY.
- Mason Levey, Sales & Account Management — Levey joins Medialets this week. He was previously the vice president for Salesconx, Inc.
- Jennifer Schuerholz, Account Executive — Now at Millenial Media, Schuerholz was previously a sales executive for Blue Sky Factory.
- Jacob Morgan, Software Engineer — A sole hire appears at ngmoco. Morgan was a software engineer at Lionside prior to joining ngmoco.
- Nick Dorra, Animation Producer — Starting off a pair of hires at Rovio Mobile is Dorra, a former producer for Nick Dorra Production Ltd.
- Inari Natri, Trainee — Also joining Rovio Mobile, Natri was previously a student at Aalto-yliopisto.