The hires continue this week with 12 mobile application developers showing new activity, based on information from LinkedIn and other sources. Backflip Studios also hires aggressively this week and states that it will be doing so for the rest of the year. As for major hires, Atari makes the biggest announcement, boosting its executive team with Robert Mattes, Owais Farooqui, and Maria Pacheco. The three join Atari as its new chief financial officer, senior vice president of digital publishing, and vice president of mobile respectively.
We know there are many more mobile game and social app developers that are actively growing, so if your company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us here: mail (at) insidemobileapps (dot) com. We’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
Who else is hiring? The Inside Network Job Board presents a survey of current openings at leading companies in the industry.
Here’s this week’s full list:
- Robert Mattes, Chief Financial Officer — Atari announced three major hires starting with its new chief financial officer, Robert Mattes. Prior to Atari, Mattes was previously a co-president and CFO for Authentic Response.
- Owais Farooqui, Senior Vice President, Digital Publishing —The next major hire is Atari’s new SVP of digital publishing, Owais Farooqui. Farooqui was formerly the North American GM of King.com.
- Maria Pacheco, Vice President, Mobile — Maria Pacheco also joins Atari as their new VP of mobile. Before this, she was the VP of marketing for nProgress, Inc.
- Chris Goody, Software Engineer — Backflip Studios shares an aggressive list of new hires, starting with Goody. He was previously a gameplay programmer for Netdevil.
- Chris King, Software Engineer — Also joining Backflip Studios is King, a former tools programmer for Netdevil.
- John Golden, Engineer — Backflip Studios brings on Golden, who is noted to have previously be a part of the CU Physics Department.
- Justin Sicking, Game Designer — Sicking was previously a game design instructor at Columbia College Chicago.
- Bryan Mashinter, Producer — Mashinter is noted to be a former contracted senior producer for Riptide Games.
- Brandon Morris, Senior 3D Artist — Morris was previously a 3D artist for Gameloft.
- Shawn Watson, Artist — Now a part of Backflip Studios, Watson was also previously from Netdevil.
- Tom Olson, Senior Artist — Olson was most recently a character artist at Insomniac Games.
- Jonathan McIntyre, QA Tester — Joining EA Mobile this week is McIntyre. MycIntyre was previously an associate for The Home Depot.
- Adam Blahuta, Game Programmer — In an internal move at EA Mobile, Blahuta moves form his role as a deployment programmer for the iPhone team.
- Jeremy Le Van, User Experience Designer — There is a single hire for Foursquare this week. Le Van was formerly a user interface designer for Seesmic.
- Kevin Leung, Game Designer — Gameloft starts off a slower week of hires with Leung, a former lead game designer for Ludia.
- Gabriel Poncea, QA Analyst – Consoles — Also joining Gameloft is Poncea. Prior to this, he was a QA team leader at Namco Bandai Networks Romania.
- Alejandro Cárdenas Calderón, Video Game Producer — Calderón was most recently a content and community manager for Speedwagon Online Marketing.
- Jimmy Lorente, User Interface Artist — Now a part of Gameloft, Lorente’s previous experience is not provided.
- Sean Fear, Associate Producer — Fear joins Glu Mobile this week. He was previously an associate producer under the acquired Griptonite Games.
- Brandon Maggs, Art Lead — Also part of Glu Mobile’s Griptonite Games acquisition, Maggs joins the team. At Griptonite Games, he was a lead artist.
- Justine DiPrete, Software Engineer — Greystripe shows activity this week hiring on DiPrete. She was previously an intern for BMW.
- Brian Neisler, Engineering Lead — Joining InMobi, Neisler was formerly a software engineer for Sprout.
- Mercedes Coyle, Desktop Support — Coyle joins ngmoco this week. Coyle was previously a technology support specialist for The Urban School of San Francisco.
- Anthony Thibault, Programmer — Thibault was previously a senior programmer at Crystal Dynamics.
- Sam Mathis, Game Integration Engineer — A single hire appears for OpenFeint. Mathis was most recently a technical lead at Play for Keeps Jumper at UPS.
- Ken Domke, Mobile Engineer — Domke is the first of two Pocket Gems hires this week. He was previously a software engineer for Electronic Arts.
- Kathleen Jacobs, QA Lead — Jacobs was formerly a QA lead for Arkadium.
- Sanjay Padval, Marketing Intern — Smule also shows activity this week hiring Padval, a former intern for Billshrink.