Hiring in the mobile apps sector was up this week, with 25 new hires spread across 10 companies. Based on information from LinkedIn and other sources, GREE reported the most activity with 12 hires. The highest profile moves were at Glu Mobile were Vicky Spachis was promoted to director of human resources and GREE, where Mike Mathog joined as the Sr. manager, business intelligence and analytics.
If your mobile game or social app company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us. Email us at: mail (at) insidemobileapps (dot) com, and we’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
If you want to know who else is hiring, the Inside Network Job Board showcases current openings with the industry’s leading companies.
- Jessica Stewart, Marketing Strategist Intern — App Annie returns to our hires roundup after a long absence by bringing aboard Stewart for an internship.
- Nick Ma, Mobile Developer — Ma was a PHP developer at Compliance Forum Ltd.
- Savas Lampoudis, 2D Artist — Three hires for Gameloft this week. Lampoudis was a freelance illustrator at Protoporia SA.
- Phi Long Phan, Internship Recruitment Assistant — Phan moves up from an intern position at KMS Technology.
- Ankur Suri, Digital Marketing & PR Manager — Suri was previously the client engagement eead at 2020 Social.
- Vicky Spachis, Director of Human Resources — Spachis gets a promotion from Sr. human resources manager to director of human resources at Glu.
- Danielle Fleischman, HR Coordinator — Fleischman was formerly an HR intern at McKinstry.
- Kiran Yng, Web Development Engineer — Yng was a software engineer at Scube IT Solutions India Pvt Ltd.
- Mike Mathog, Sr. Manager, Business Intelligence and Analytics, — One of this week’s highest profile moves, Mathog was formerly the director of analytics at AKQA.
- Timur Rahmanov, Game QA Intern — Rahmanov was previously a QA engineer at PloyglotUz.
- Wonseok Shin, Strategist at GREE Korea — Shin was a team manager at SK Communications before joining GREE.
- Dennis De Bernardi, Game QA Engineer — De Bernardi was previously the assistant lead, standards QA at Sega of America.
- Adam Greenberg, Software Engineer – Android — Greenberg is the co-founder and Sr. developer at zer0day LLC.
- Dadisi Sanyika, Software Engineer – PHP Platform — Sanyika was previously the development director at Kabam
- Long Nguyen, Senior Linux System Administrator — Nguyen was previously the senior linux system administrator at Adbrite.
- Jeff Nachbaur, Business Operations Manager — Nachbaur was a producer at WB Interactive Entertainment & WB Games.
- James Shattuck, Game QA Lead — Shattuck was in Zynga’s mobile QA division.
- Akiko (Abe) Thayer, Public Relations Manager — Thayer was previously the public relations manager at Electronic Arts/Playfish.
- Clement Huang, Sr Product Manager — Huang was the president of product and a co-founder at CopaCast.
- Winnie Ho, Sr. Accountant — Ho was also a Sr. accountant at Bossa Nova Robotics, Inc.
- Radhika Venugopalan, Software Engineer — Venugopalan comes to InMobi from the National Institute of Technology in Tiruchirappalli, India.
- Joonas Haapala, Web Games Developer Trainee — Haapala was a software developer at Linkotec Oy before joining Rovio.
- Brian Kistler, Junior Artist — Kistler was formerly a sign artist at Trader Joe’s.
- Kyle Chaney, Sales Representative — Chaney was an account manager at United Way of the Inland Valleys.
- Blake Pereira, User Acquisition Data Associate — This is Pereira’s first position in the games industry.