Tim O’Reilly released a new research report on the Facebook Platform this week. The $149 report includes 2 free updates as things are so rapidly changing, and includes selections by Dave McClure and Niall Kennedy. According to O’Reilly:
Find out what it takes to launch a successful Facebook application, understand the new rules of the application development game in a Web 2.0 world, and get the scoop on the most popular Facebook apps in this new report from Tim O’Reilly and the O’Reilly Radar team.
* Sizes up the Facebook opportunity–who’s making money, and how?
* Lays out best practices of marketing with Facebook Applications, aka Social Media Optimization (SMO)
* Identifies the top 200 Facebook applications and plots their growth rates
* Goes beyond Facebook, and scopes out the emerging widget economy
Tim will be debuting his report this week during his keynote at the Graphing Social Facebook conference in San Jose.
Additionally, Compete.com released data on how users spend time on Facebook recently. According to Compete:
* 14 million people interacted with Facebook Applications in August.
* Applications capture more time per session than any other activity on the site.
* Over 16 Million people browsed photos in August.