— DIANE CLEHANE
The dreary winter weather (Will it ever end?!) didn’t keep the loyalists away from Michael’s today. There were plenty of fab fashionistas and social swans in the dining room who braved the elements in inappropriate footwear to exchange air kisses and gossip about who knows what. The usual mix of media moguls and mavens were there, too. Here’s hoping the sun and the celebrity A-List returns next week.
Here’s the rundown on today’s crowd:
1. Marie Claire editrix Joanna Coles with actor Richard E. Grant (Gosford Park, Dracula, and the upcoming The Iron Lady starring Meryl Streep) and three stylish looking folks. We were so excited to see Richard up close and personal. (He’s blond now!) We’re dating ourselves a bit here, but he was absolutely the best Bob Cratchit ever a few years back in the TNT version of A Christmas Carol opposite another one of our favorite British actors, Patrick Stewart.
2. Literary agent Esther Newberg, enjoying soup with a handsome fellow whose face we definitely recognized but whose name escapes us.
3. ‘Mayor’ Joe Armstrong and Dorothy Kalins. I stopped by the table to check in with these two longtime friends. Joe couldn’t stop talking about last night’s screening at MoMa of The Restaurateur, the documentary about Danny Meyer by Dorothy’s husband Roger Sherman. The beloved museum, incidentally, is home to one of our favorite Meyer restaurants, The Modern. The screening was followed by a Q&A with Meyer and was a foodie’s delight, we hear. Speaking of food, Heart of the Artichoke and Other Kitchen Journeys written by David Tanis, chef at Berkeley’s Chez Panisse, and edited by Dorothy was among the nominees for the 2011 James Beard Awards announced yesterday. Congrats!
4. Mrs. Army Archerd and pals.
5. Herb Siegel and Wayne Rodgers
6. The entire ‘Imber Gang:’ Dr. Gerald Imber, Jerry Della Femina, Jeff Greenfield, Andy Bergman and Michael Kramer.
7. My pal Catherine Saxton, who was dining with her UK friends Margaret and Ray Davidson who are headed back home tonight. Cheerio!
8. New York Social Diary’s David Patrick Columbia with the always elegant Emilia Saint-Amand who, you should know, made Quest‘s Best Dressed list this month.
9. The Barefoot Contessa’s Ina Garten, who got a big hello from Jeff Greenfield when the two met for the first time at the front door.
11. Radical Media’s Bob Friedman
12. Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s gal pal Diana Taylor and two ‘suits.’ Diana also made Quest‘s Best Dressed list in case you were wondering.
14. Hearst Entertainment’s Scott Sassa and Conde Nast’s Chuck Townsend. Interesting.
15. Political commentator and marketing maestro Robert Zimmerman with Sharon Allan (wife of New York Post editor Col) who was celebrating her birthday. Cheers!
16. Publicity princess Lori Rhodes
81. Jack Myers and Amanda Terry
17. Sarah Simms
18. UBS’ Aryeh Bourkoff
20. Agent Fredrica Friedman
21. WaterTower Group’s Michael Kassan
23. Michael Del Giudice
25. The Wall Street Journal‘s David Sanford
26. Chanel’s head honcho John Galantic and a glamazon all dressed in black.
27. George Schweitzer and Marshall Cohen.
Please send comments and corrections to DianeClehane AT mediabistro Dot com and lunch at mediabistro DOT com.