The analytics and reporting firm studied 2,500 profiles in October, also finding that:
- Organic growth of 0.26 percent was up 4 percent from September.
- However, from April through October, organic growth has plunged 86.67 percent.
- Post engagement was 1.36 percent of the total audience, down 22.73 percent from September.
- The total engagement decline from April through October was 51.43 percent.
- Profiles averaged 2.69 posts per day.
- Profiles with more than 1 million followers, however, averaged 8.58 daily posts and engagement of 1.47 percent of the total audience, or 8.09 percent higher than the overall average.
Locowise said in a blog post announcing its findings:
The low organic growth seems here to stay. The good old days (actually the days from earlier this year) when you could grow your profile organically by 2 percent per month are gone.
Thinking more long-term, the question is: How long will this slight boost in engagement last? If all brands start posting more often, engagement is bound to go down even further.
Readers: Did any of Locowise’s findings for October surprise you?