Allianz chief economic advisor Mohamed El-Erian was named LinkedIn’s top influencer of 2016.
LinkedIn said of El-Erian:
There’s a reason El-Erian is at the top of this list: His incisive commentary on the global economy, financial markets and monetary policies–not to mention his short-form updates–have made him a must-read on LinkedIn for years. His favorite posts, he says, are those that look at “how companies, households and governments are having to deal with disruptions both from above and from below.” For example: He wrote about what the U.K. and European Union may look like three years after Brexit; reflected on why low oil prices have gone from blessing to curse; and mused on the “Titanic risks” facing the retirement system.
LinkedIn’s 10 Top Influencers of 2016 were:
- El-Erian (pictured, right)
- Human Workplace founder and CEO Liz Ryan
- NewCo founder, editor in chief and CEO John Battelle
- Carnegie Mellon University College of Engineering, Silicon Valley distinguished fellow Vivek Wadhwa
- CBS News business analyst Jill Schlesinger
- Ellevest co-founder and CEO Sallie Krawcheck
- Eurasia Group president Ian Bremmer
- There Is Life After College author Jeff Selingo
- Young & Rubicam global CEO David Sable (pictured, left)
- Radiate founder and CEO Betty Liu (pictured, center)
Readers: Do you follow any of LinkedIn’s Top Influencers of 2016?