More adults in the U.S. use LinkedIn compared to Twitter, according to a new BI Intelligence report. This finding was based on data from Sept. 2013, as newer data were not available for LinkedIn.
While LinkedIn has more American users 18 and over, Twitter still has more monthly global users.
The professional social site has some notable demographic skews compared to other social platforms:
- Twenty-seven percent of 30- to 49-year-olds use LinkedIn.
- LinkedIn has a higher penetration rate amongst 50- to 64-year-olds than 18- to 29-year-olds.
- Twenty-four percent of male Internet users are on the platform, compared to 19 percent of female Internet users.
- African-Americans are eight percent more likely to be on LinkedIn.
- Thirty-eight percent of college-educated adults use the platform.