The social network introduced lead ads last October with the aim of enabling businesses to streamline the process of having customers or potential customers complete the process of signing up for things like newsletters, events, offers or information.
Facebook detailed the new features for lead ads in a Facebook for Business post:
- Save time with duplicate forms: In order to save time and effort, advertisers can now duplicate lead ad forms and edit specific fields across ad sets and campaigns. For example, if an advertiser is running a global lead ad campaign that requires specific questions for each market, they can copy an existing lead ad form and make edits to the form fields, instead of manually re-entering the same information into each form.
- New CRM partners: Businesses can get the most out of lead ads with customer-relationship-management integration. We’ve added new companies to the list of CRM partners that integrate with lead ads, including Constant Contact, InfusionSoft, Sparkroom and Salesforce Marketing Cloud. In addition, we’ve partnered with Zapier and MailChimp to develop a solution that can automatically add Facebook leads to advertisers’ MailChimp lists. See a list of our current lead ad CRM partners and integration instructions.
- Create more captivating lead ads with video: Video is a powerful way to engage people and convey your message, and now it can be used with lead ads. Video lead ads function the same way as lead ads with photos do. When people click on the call-to-action button below the video, they’ll be directed to the lead ad form.
- Customizable disclaimers: Advertisers also now have more customization options in the disclaimer portion of their lead ad form. The disclaimer title is now customizable, and the disclaimer text supports hyperlinks. In addition, advertisers can include a checkbox, which they can use to require people to give permission to share their information, which may be helpful for advertisers in countries where double opt-in may be required, like Canada, Germany, Turkey and Japan.
- Lead ads now available in the ads create tool: Lead ads are now available in the ads create tool, giving more advertisers access to create them. To set up a lead ad in the ads create tool, select, “Collect leads for your business,” as your campaign objective. Advertisers can also continue to create lead ads in Power Editor and through the ads application-programming interface.
Readers: What are your initial thoughts on the new features for Facebook’s lead ads?