According to Kinetic Social, 27 percent of its clients’ overall Facebook ad spending went toward video ads in the second quarter. Nanigans reported the same for 16 percent of its clients.
Kinetic Social also found that:
- Click-through rates soared 309 percent year-over-year.
- Enhanced cost per click slipped 5 percent in the second quarter of 2015 versus the year-ago quarter.
- Enhanced cost per thousand impressions soared 289 percent in the second quarter compared with the second quarter of 2014.
- Video ads generated the highest CTRs in the second quarter, 1.9 percent, while the vertical achieving the highest CTRs was travel, at 2.2 percent, followed closely by retail (2.1 percent).
- For eCPCs, video was the lowest ad type, at $0.20, while consumer packaged goods ($0.22) and travel ($0.25) posted the lowest second-quarter eCPCs among verticals.
Readers: Are you surprised at the growth in video ads on Facebook?