Social gaming will be a mature billion-dollar industry in 2011, with more on offer for game players and more at stake for developers. What will social gaming’s continued growth mean for the future of relationships between platforms and developers? How do emerging market trends in 2011 affect media companies considering whether to build, buy, or license? Inside Social Apps InFocus 2011 tackled these questions along with others that included the distribution landscape for games, the potential for continued consolidation among developers, and the importance of brands.
Kristian Segerstrale, CEO & Co-Founder, Playfish (now part of EA), Peter Relan, Executive Chairman, CrowdStar, Vish Makhijani, SVP Business Operations, Zynga, and Rick Thompson, Co-founder, Playdom (now part of Disney) joined Inside Network’s Justin Smith to discuss social gaming’s key challenges this year. View the full panel below.
ISA 2011: The Future of Social Gaming, Key Questions for 2011 & The Emerging Media Landscape from Inside Network on Vimeo. To download an mp3 version of this talk, please email us at info (at) insidesocialapps (dot) com.
All videos currently available:
- ISA 2011: Growth and Monetization on Mobile Social Platforms
- ISA 2011: New and Alternative Social Platforms – Where Are the Biggest Opportunities?
- ISA 2011: The Future of Social Gaming, Key Questions for 2011 & The Emerging Media Landscape
- ISA 2011: Fireside Chat with Google’s Eric Chu on Android’s 2011 Social Roadmap
- ISA 2011: The M&A Landscape for Small and Mid-Sized Developers
- ISA 2011: Monetization & Customer Acquisition on the Facebook Platform in 2011
- ISA 2011: Fireside Chat with Bret Taylor on the 2011 Facebook Platform Roadmap
Photos of the event are viewable on our Facebook Page.