Dunking is an art form, and Turner Sports commissioned 10 Instagram illustrators to immortalize some of the most iconic dunks in National Basketball Association All-Star Weekend history.
NBA TV is running Dunk-a-Thon programming throughout Thursday in advance of this year’s All-Star Weekend in New Orleans, and the aforementioned artists will re-create moments such as Dwight Howard’s Superman dunk, Michael Jordan taking off from the free-throw line and Aaron Gordon’s memorable slam from last year’s contest.
Participating artists are:
- Paso Dimitrov, @pvtso
- Marco & Stefano (Van Orton Design), @vanortondesign
- Lee Olsen, @shiftrefresh
- Butcher Billy, @thebutcherbilly
- Corbin Portillo, @blkoutln
- Jack Perkins, @purehoop
- Alessandro Pautasso, @kaneda99
- Manasseh Johnson, @manasseh_art
- Russ Pope, @russpope
- Yann Dalon, @yanndalon_artist
Image courtesy of Butcher Billy, @thebutcherbilly, via Instagram