The top 20 brands on Facebook boasted an average of 15,240,627 likes at the end of January and averaged 31 posts for the month, significantly down from 46 in December, according to the most recent statistics from social media analytics platform Socialbakers.
Socialbakers also found that:
- Retail once again edged out retail food to remain the top industry in terms of Facebook likes, at 217,772,394.
- Walmart showed no signs of surrendering its title as top brand on the social network in terms of likes, with 32,264,879.
- Disney continued its reign as top media brand, with 12,439,093 likes.
- Air Extreme Heating and Cooling was the leader in Facebook post engagement rate for the second consecutive month, at 54.41 percent.
- Fitbit outmuscled Verizon Wireless to seize the title of most Socially Devoted brand on Facebook for January, with a score of 1,060.