- Walmart led in social chatter related to back-to-school, with 232,210 mentions, followed by Kohl’s (200,899).
- Walmart was also the most socially engaged retailer of those studied by Engagor, responding 2,625 times, and the quickest to respond, at an average of 33 minutes.
- Facebook and Twitter users engaged the most with brands on back-to-school content between 1 p.m. and 4 p.m.
- The top back-to-school hashtag used by a retailer was #jcpexpressyourselfie from JCPenney.
- Macy’s had the most positive sentiment (75 percent), while Walmart led in negative sentiment (12 percent).
- Office Depot had the highest volume of social chatter from male Facebook and Twitter users.
Readers: Did any of Engagor’s findings surprise you?