— John Scalzi (@scalzi) January 3, 2013
When author Neil Gaiman spilled water on his cellphone this week, novelist John Scalzi advised him to study Popular Mechanics‘ article: “How to Save Your Wet Cellphone.”
The article was useful, but we wanted some more detailed advice. On YouTube, we found five more videos with step-by-step instructions for fixing a water damaged iPhone.
You can watch all the videos below–have you ever saved a water-logged cellphone?
1. “What to do if you drop your iPhone in water.”
2. “This is a basic tutorial of how to repair water damage on any mobile/media device.”
3. Try the rice method. “Cheap easy way to repair water damage to an iPhone.”
4. “This is an instructional video for iRevive the only 100% guaranteed water damage repair kit for the iPhone 3G 3GS and 4. If you are wondering what to do when you drop your iPhone in water then this is it!”
5. “In this video we go over some important steps you can take to help your iPhone 4 survive if you drop it in water. The is only recommended for ADVANCED users.”